•• chapter Forty Nine ••

Vivian needed Bonnie to do a location spell on the palpated her father gave her at the ball. It was going to be a bit hard to convince the witch to do it, considering they didn't necessarily have a relationship that was good or bad. She watched Esther leave Bonnie and her mother Abby, and then she watched as Bonnie headed towards the other direction towards where she stood. "What did she want?" Vivian asked, after Bonnie finally reached her. Vivian watched as the witch contemplated answering her question fully.

"Something about harnessing my power. I don't know if I should be telling you this." Bonnie said, adjusting her bag over her shoulder. Vivian rolled her eyes.

"I don't necessarily care about that stuff right now." Vivian said, as she reached into her Jean pocket and takes out the paper her father forced upon her. She held it out to Bonnie and she hesitated before she took it and unfolded it, Vivian watched as her eyes scanned over the words.

"I need you to do a location spell on it. It's a page from this ancient book my father once had."

Bonnie began to shake her head and tried to had Vivian the paper back, "I don't—"

"Look," Vivian said, holding her hands up, denying it back. "I have no place giving you demands. But a friend of mine is under Klaus's complesion and if this thing goes wrong, I can't even begin to tell you the shit that'll go down if this damned book isn't found." Bonnie sighed and looked at the paper again. Her eyes squinted as she read the remaining words of the ripped page. Perhaps her plead worked, Vivian thought as she smiled to herself and crossed her arms over her chest.

"The words...did you know it was a spell?"

Vivian nodded. "I don't know what Klaus would want with a spell book. What can you make of it?"

"It's a binding spell." Bonnie tells her. Vivian stiffens. Her hands almost start to shake.

"I'll locate the rest of the book." Bonnie agrees, as she looks over to Vivian, a mysterious wonder.

"Thanks, Bon Bon." Vivian manages to speak. Before the witch could utter a reply, Vivian had already sped away. 

"A binding spell?" Damon asked, as he watched Vivian pace the living room floor. The day had gone by in a confusing blur. A spell is all Bonnie managed to understand from the paper she had given her. As to where the rest of the book is, she was still waiting for that call.

"I don't know. I don't understand..."

"Do you think Klaus is going to try and bind you two together? Is that his angle?" Stefan asked, dialing Elena's number once more. The younger Salvatore has been trying to get ahold of the Gilbert all day but she hasn't been responding. Vivian couldn't much care about her right now. However, she knew the brothers are worried about where Elena's gone off to. She just hoped the worry they displayed for Elena is triple the worry they have for her. Especially if Stefan's guess is even remotely accurate.

"I'm going to check around town. See if anyone's seen her." Stefan said. He put his phone away and walked up to Vivian and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Whatever this is we're going to figure it out and put an end to it." He said, and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before disappearing through the front door.

"What do you think it is?" Vivian asked, Damon. The older brother sighed and shook his head.

"Klaus binding you to him seems right up his ally, unfortunately. If he can't have you, no one can...that sort of thing, you know?"