•• Chapter Fifty ••

Vivian sat on one of the chairs, a glass full of liquor filled to the brim. The fire crackled and mixed in with the sound of Damon and Stefan trying to come up with an alternative plan. She chuckled to herself as Damon suggested daggering Elijah. When he came out of the cellar, with Stefan in tow, he grabbed her drink from her. "They die, I die." She muttered. Damon shook his head.

"That's only if she gets the spell done. We'll take care of it before then and you'll be fine." Damon says.

"If he can't have me, no one can. That's what you said he was doing, wasn't it?"

"Enough with the cryptic bullshit. That's my thing." Damon said, Vivian laughs and shakes her head.

"Apparently it's my thing now." She says. She looks between Stefan and Damon, she could practically see the wheels turning in their head as they think of what they can do to put a stop to the possibility of her untimely demise. But she already had a plan. And she knew the boys would go with it because they were practically thinking the same thing.

"Well," she says, with a sigh, a tired sigh that weighed heavily on her shoulders. "let's get on with the plan then. We get Caroline to distract the leader, because apparently he's got a crush...then, with him out of the way we get the weaker links. One goes down, they all go down. Stopping the spell from happing the right way. We finish this, and Bonnie takes the damned spell off my person, I find the book, free my friend, and we spend the rest of our long lives trying to figure out other ways to kill Klaus, the annoyingly unkillable....." Vivian looked between the brothers who stood in front of her in silence. She smiled as she caught her breath.

They were definitely thinking the same thing because she watched almost proudly as Stefan left the room to make a phone call to a friendly hunter.

"Well, if that's the way you want to do it..." Stefan said, as soon as he came back into the room, "then let's go." Vivian nodded and downed the last bit of her drink.

"You understood that?" Damon questioned, as they headed out of the house and towards the Grill. Their plan was officially in motion and Vivian wasn't going to let anything get in the way and stop it.

-

The heavy sound of chatter and smell of mediocre beer were all signs that they were right where they needed to be for this whole plan to work out. From what she knew, Caroline, Klaus, and Kol were already there when they arrived. The brothers hung outside and wait for the signal while Vivian and Alaric's doctor girlfriend play hard to get with Kol.

"Vivian?" Meredith questions, as she stands by the pool table, que in hand as she hits the white ball with ease and gets one of the green ones in the pocket. She never did understand the game, but apparently it wasn't that complicated for the doctor.

"Yeah. Mind if I join you?" She asked. She didn't need to know she sucked.

"Sure." She offered up a turn and Vivian was about to go, but right on time did an Original waltz with a purpose towards the two.

"Mind if I join in on the game?" He asked, looking between the two woman. Vivian watched as Meredith scoffed in his direction and took Vivian's turn.

"A woman of your calibre ought to choose more suitable company." The boy gestured, towards Meredith, he glanced at Vivian, a flicker of amazement flashed in his eyes. He leaned forward and pointed towards her, "you know she shared herself between two men?"

"So?" Meredith answered, basically ignoring him as she continues to place every ball into a pocket. If  Vivian wasn't so riled up, she's be impressed with the way she was playing.

"Interesting." He said, "what's your name, love?"

"None of your business." The doctor easily brushed past him and walks towards the other side of the of the table.

"Let's try that again. I'll start. I'm Kol."

"Why don't you get lost, Kol?"

Kol is however, annoyingly persistent. "Why would I do that? I like pretty little things with sharp tongues." He walked up to Meredith but Vivian was quick to rush to her side, just in case. When Kol smirked, he went to touch her face but she slapped his hand away.

"Pretty sure she told you to get lost." Alaric steps into the conversation.

"Pretty sure I don't care." He replies. He turns around to start a fight, but Alaric is quicker and stabs him in the stomach.

"Next time, take a hint." He says. Quickly, Alaric and Vivian drag him outside. There's a sharp pain in her side, but she ignored it and it isn't long before Klaus has realized what's happened.
He rushes towards them and quickly knocks her out of the way, taking the breath out of her lungs for just a second as she tried to compose herself. The spell must be doing it's job. But she was confused as to why.

As Stefan is pushed back beside her, he quickly goes over to her, noticing her holding her side. But by the time he reaches her, the pain is gone.

"I should have killed you months ago." Klaus bites out towards Damon, who stood strongly face to face.

"Do it." Damon taunts, "still not gonna stop Esther from killing you."

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus dangerously got closer.

"What? Didn't know I was friends with your mommy? Yeah. We have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do." Klaus os quick to move forwards, but at the voice of his brother telling him to stop, he turns and watched as Elijah stands above them.

"We still need him, Nicklaus."

"What did mother do?"  When the brother didn't answer, he asked again. "What did she do, Elijah?"

Elijah walked down the stairs, past Stefan and Vivian and took out a phone. "Tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now." He threatens.

"I thought you said we had until 9?" Damon asked, after looking at the time square clock.

"I'm sure Rebekah would be more than happy to start her work early." Elijah says. 

——