•• Chapter Fifty Five ••

"So.....you're a witch now?" Bonnie asks, as she stands with her hands clutching her bag. They stand in the middle of the witch house. The scene of the very crime committed only a few days ago. The table she never laid on still sat in the middle of the room. Vivian looked over to the young girl. Uncertain and oblivious to the meaning of what's happened. She was a witch now. Whatever her aunt did to her, whatever she put inside her body, worked.

And she was sure Klaus had something to do with it. She knew in her gut that her aunt wasn't capable of doing it by herself. Like her father.

"Yes." Vivian answered dryly, "I suppose I am."

"I see." Bonnie says, she dropped her bag to the ground and looked around the house that's gained so many mixed emotions Bonnie couldn't even begin to understand. Her eyes landed onto the woman in front of her. The woman she met before seemed to be gone. Bonnie guessed that's what happened when a part of you changes without your permission.

She guessed this is how her mother feels. Bonnie shook her head. "So what am I doing here then?"

"Bon Bon, I hate to say it, I really really do, but you're the only witch I can tolerate."

"So what...You want my help or something?"

"Did I not just say that?"

Bonnie sighed. "Okay. Where should we start?"

Vivian felt herself smile. "Show me that head hurting thing you do to Vampires."

———

———

"So it's just memorizing a bunch of spells?" Vivian asked, after she and Bonnie had been working half the day. The candles burned tall flames that flickered at her words. Vivian smiles.

"It's more than that." Bonny says, "it's feeling a connection. It's...hard to explain to someone who won't understand until they feel it themselves." Bonnie watched Vivian as she read over the spell book. Flipping through the pages of the coffee stained paper gently, she glanced up towards Bonnie, who looked a little more comfortable with her than she did at the start.

"These are the books I started with. The ones my Gramms gave to me." Vivian couldn't help but notice the longing look upon the young witches face at the mention of her late Gramms. Bonnie forces a smile,"Start with those. Do you remember the spell?" She asks, referring to the first one she taught her.

Vivian smiles and nods, between the silence, there's a sudden distant creek and she knows her and Bonnie are no longer alone. "Let's test it out, shall we?" She whispered. Bonnie leaned back in her seat and gestured her hands towards the direction of the sound, mutely giving Vivian the floor. Vivian felt giddy as the footsteps grew louder.

"Vivian?" The voice called out, and she immediately knew it belonged to Stefan. As he emerged down the wooden stairs, as soon as he stood in front of them, Vivian held out her hand, bending her fingertips just a little in his direction. He grunted at the sudden pain and held his head and dropped to the floor.

"What the hell?" He bit out, as he let out a painful groan. Shortly after, Vivian relaxed her hand and Stefan let out a sigh of relief.

"Bonnie, what the hell was that for?" Stefan shook his head as he tried to regain his senses, he glanced towards Bonnie who watched from her seat. Vivian chuckled as she gathered the spell books in her arms.