•• Chapter Forty One ••

"So this is the plan, huh?" Vivian asked, looking around the room of coffins after she and Stefan had moved them all to the old witch house. He had just gotten off the phone with Klaus and she could hear and feel the anger rolling off him through the phone.  She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked around. 
Stefan shoved his hands in his pocket and looked over to her with an unreadable expression.

"It's something. I need to know what your plan is."

"My plan?"

He stayed mute as he waited for her to answer. Vivian didn't really know what exactly she was doing; just just knew that whatever happened, she would stick with the brothers, no matter what. However, the question was, what was she up to? What was she doing? What did she plan on doing? Her end game.
She knew what she wanted. And it wasn't until the chaos of the last few...weeks...that she's actually realized it and come to full terms with it in the first place.

Her plan? Her goal? To get what she wanted. And what she wanted? That was obvious. She wanted them. No matter what, and no matter who got in her way. She's waited for too long to have them back. She's been through too much to end up not getting what she was fighting to survive for.

"My plan, Stefan, is to do what ever it takes to keep the people I care about alive." She said, strongly, looking into his eyes. He nods slowly in understanding. Seemingly.

"Even if that means jumping between brothers?"

Vivian squinted her eyes at his words. She didn't think she understood exactly what he meant by that, but she shook her head. "That's not exactly what I'm doing, and I think you know that."

"Sure, whatever. Are you or are you not going to stalk out Damon later?" He asked.

Vivian rolled her eyes. "At your request, sure. I'll check in on him. I'm sure he's doing just dandy, you know, after the betrayal and all."

"You knew what was going to happen."

"Of course I did, but I wasn't going to blurt it out to everyone. Especially Damon. If he knew, it wouldn't have gone down how it did. You got your freedom, that's all that mattered."

"Have fun jumping. He's at The Grill." Stefan said, walking past her. Vivian sighed and shook her head. Muttering meaning less words of annoyance to herself as her heels clicked against the old wood floor.

——

"Ah, the prodigal lover returns." The familiar voice of Klaus surprises Vivian as she enters the boarding house with ease. She had followed them from the Grill all the way back here and she was oh so curious as to what this paring had been up to. If she were to guess, however, she'd say it had something to do with the missing family in question.

"I guess I just can't stay away." She said, slowly walking into the living room. She ignored the look Damon was giving her as she headed towards the liquor cart.

"I should really change the locks around here." Damon said, swirling the dark liquid in his glass. "I'm getting real tired of the unwanted guests that keep showing up like they own the place."

"I'm going to pretend that didn't hurt just a little." Vivian deadpanned, she looked directly at Damon and didn't miss the harsh glance he sent her. "I know you were mostly talking about Klaus." Damon rolled his eyes.

"Well, I guess this day just got better, didn't it?" Klaus said, smiling towards Vivian.

"Can't say the same."