•• Chapter Fifty Three ••

Season 3 around episode 18

Vivian was up before dawn. The fog was low to the ground and as she walked, her heels clicked against the ground as she made her way towards the meeting spot her and her father agreed. The book clutched in her hands, the page he'd given her burnt to a crisp in the Salvatore fireplace. She wasn't about to let that spell that was placed upon her be placed on anyone else. There were enough out there to go around already.

Vivian felt kind of nervous. She had snuck out of the house, as quietly as she could so she didn't wake Stefan or Damon, she knew they would've demanded they tag along with her. But she couldn't have that distraction. So she went alone. After today, she would have to meet with her Aunt Penny at the witch house. She knew things were going to get crazy because of the recent discovery.  

She wondered what kind of experiment she was going to preform. Vivian was prepared to protect herself but not knowing what she was up against was a disadvantage to her.

"You're alone?" The voice of her father sounded as she stopped in the middle of the street. Vivian rolled her eyes. Without a care, she tossed the book in front of him. It landed on the ground with a thud that echoed in her ears.

"I am. There's the book. The spell is off. You will never have control over my life again. Are we clear?" Vivian asks, her voice strong and firm. She was done letting people walk over her. First her father, then, her aunt.

"Crystal. And your friend, he's free too." Her father says, picking up the book and dusting it off. "You won't see me again." He said, and quickly speed off. Leaving her alone. She let out a breath. Her head tilted up and looked up at the sky. The lights blocked the visibility of the starts, she remembered a time where she could see them so clearly.

"I guess I owe you for my freedom. Again." The familiar voice caught her off guard. The silhouette of the man in front of her became clear as he walked forward. His hands hid in his jean pockets as he moved slowly. 

Vivian couldn't help the smile. Knowing he was okay was all she needed now. "If I didn't know any better, it would seem that you're the damsel in distress."

"Well, I'll be the damsel if that means you'll save me each time." Enzo steps out into the light, finally revealing himself to her, they stand a few feet away from each other. Vivian shakes her head.

"Yeah. Maybe this was the last time. How long will you be in town for?" Vivian asked

"Just for now. It's not time for me yet. I've got other things to do for now." Enzo says. "Say Hi to lover boy for me. The romance saga continues into the next generation."

"You're crazy." Vivian chuckles.

"Just mildly insane." Enzo smiles. "I'll see you later, Viv."  The man then disappears as the sun rises.

   Vivian walked up the stairs to Alaric's apartment. The other set of footsteps that she heard were those of Elena's. No offense the her or anything, but the girl was the last person Vivian wanted interact with so early in the morning. But she knew the girl cared about her former history teacher and wanted to make sure he was okay after his time as a part time serial killer.

Vivian could smell the coffee and the chocolate muffins as she finally reached the door where Damon and Elena stood. "There not for you." Elena said, grabbing the bag from Damon. Elena glanced Vivian's way and Vivian couldn't help but send her a smirk as Elena turned away from her.

"Good morning." Vivian says, as she nudged Damon to the side so she could enter the apartment, Damon was able to finally send Elena away and closed the door.