•• Chapter Sixty ••

Vivian sat beside Damon in the red couch while Bonnie paced the floor waiting for her mother.  Damon glanced at the clock. With the time frame they had, they had little options to work around quickly. It's been a long time since Bonnie asked her mother for her help, and things weren't looking promising.

"Bonnie." Vivian says, "maybe...you know—"

"Relax." She says, "Abby will be here."

"Right. I'm sorry. I forgot about her stellar track record in the dependability department." Damon rebuked.

"Jamie said she was coming, okay? Just give her time."  Just then, the door bell rang. Bonnie shared a look with Damon and Vivian and quickly headed towards the door to answer it.

"Don't get your hopes up, might be a Girl Scout."

"I could kill for a Thin Mint right about now." Vivian says, remembering the time she actually stumbled upon a Girl Scout cookie. Though, when Bonnie opened the door, Abby stood.

"Hello, Bonnie."

"Thanks for coming."

"Jamie's worried about you, he said it was urgent. I just—I just didn't think you'd ever want to see me again."

"Like Jamie said, it's urgent." Bonnie replied, turning she moves into the house. Damon and Vivian share a look. 

"Why didn't I have to be invited in?" Abby asks, as she stands before them.

"Only vampires live here." Bonnie answered.

"We'd signed over the deed to Elena, but she dies and the seal was broke." Damon explains, as he made himself a drink, "well, it's a very long story.  Blood?" Damon offers Abby, Bonnie grimaces as Abby sends him a stare. 

"Oh, come on. Think of it as a peace offering." Damon says, but Abby doesn't budge. "Fine. More for me."

"We called you here because I need help with a spell." Bonnie says, easing the tension just a little. Vivian takes Damon's glass from him and kills the craving.

"Esther created a vampire that can't be killed." Bonnie explains. "I wanna dedicate him like you did to Mikael."

"Bonnie, it's too dangerous. Your magic comes from earth. It's pure." Her mother explains, Vivian listens intently. "This spell asks you to tap into dark places. Places of temptation, places you can't handle."

"You turned your back on me for 16 years." Bonnie replies, "you have no idea what I can handle."

"Gotta say I'm Team Bonnie on this one." Damon says,

"Me too. She won't be doing this spell alone, either." Vivian adds, standing from her spot.

"I thought you were a vampire?" Abby asks

"Yeah, long story." Vivian mutters.

"The spell allows you to stop a vampire's heart." Abby says, "the blood will stop flowing and his body will desiccate."

"That's exactly what we wanna do." Bonnie says.

"To stop a vampire's heart...you need to find a balance among the living. Can you handle that?"

"What does that mean?" Damon asks, looking between Vivian and Bonnie. "Bonnie, I don't speak witch."

"I have to stop a human heart."

—-

Vivian walked beside Damon as they reached the high school where everyone else was waiting. Her eyes caught sight of the youngest Gilbert sitting on one of the red wooden bench's. "We just got this." Bonnie explains, holding out her phone to them. "It connects me to Caroline and Elena through our phones. They're in Alaric's classroom. We should go in from the south entrance."

"Digital locator spell." Vivian and Damon muse.

"What's the point of you then?" Damon says, towards Bonnie, whom just ignored his comment. Damon turns then to Jeremy. "Hand it over."

Jeremey shakes his head. "I'm not giving you my ring." He says, "let me do this."

"By my math, you've already bit it once, possibly twice, wearing that thing." Damon says, "now, if for some reason Bonnie can't restart your heart and you do indeed die...then before you know it...we have another psycho alter-ego case on our hands. Which is bad. So give me the ring." He says, and holds out his had.

"This is my ring," Jeremy says, "Elena's my sister. Nobody's gonna fight harder for her than me."

"Fine. Be stubborn." Damon turns to Bonnie, "try not to kill him, will you?"

"Well, look at this, one big happy family." The annoyingly familiar voice of Klaus sounds as he and Stefan approach. Stefan stops right beside Vivian.

"Drink this." Bonnie says, holding a vial of dark liquid. "It's my blood. It bridges us all together..." she exclaims, as Damon grabs the vial. "....so when I stop Jermey's heart, you'll have the power to stop Alaric's. You'll need to make a physical connection to his bloodstream. A vein, artery, something connected to his heart."

Vivian shifts on her feet as Damon hands her the vial. "Great." She mutters, "more witch blood for me." She takes a sip and hands it to Stefan. 

"If one of us gets a clean shot, take it. The other two hold him down." Stefan says, as he then hands the vial to Klaus.

"Before we all walk through those doors, let's got on the same page, shall we? I was the one who created your vampire bloodline, therefore...I am responsible for your lives, even yours, Vivian. Thanks to your father, of course. And Tyler's life, and even Caroline's life. And of course...Abby's life, should anything go wrong."

"I knew it." Vivian moves forwards, but was immediately stopped by Stefan and Damon stepping in front of her to stop her attack on Klaus.

"Or you're just lying to save your ass." Damon says

"I'm not lying. Go ahead, call my bluff. Let the teacher kill me, you'll all be dead sooner thereafter."

"Let's just get this over with. Shall we?" Stefan says, gently nudging Vivian, she huffed and followed Stefan and into the school.