•• Chapter Twenty Four ••

"Damon."
   As he sat at the bar seat, he shook his head. "You here to yell at me?" He says, downing the liquor in his glass. His eyes shift towards Vivian as she sits beside him. "To banish me into oblivion?"

Vivian shook her head as she grabbed the glass that was placed in front of her. Her painted nails tapped the sides as she thought of what to say.
There was no comforting Damon. Not in the way she could....use to comfort Stefan.

Damon needed to act on his anger. He needed to rage and calm down before he discussed his feelings...and it was even after all that did he not mention them at all. But when it was back then, and it was just the two of them awake, he would spill to her everything that's been bottled up.

"I'm not here to do any of that." Vivian says, softly.

Damon scoffed and shook his head. Another drink was placed in front of him. A silence hangs between them. The words Vivian wants to say sit on the tip of her tongue, but for some reason she hesitates.

"Do you—"

  "I'll have what they're having." The sudden voice of Alaric fills her ears. And suddenly she's filled with annoyance as she's interpreted. The man sits on the other side of Damon and sips his drink. Damon scoffs again.

  "I screwed up." He says. Easily towards Alaric. Vivian sighs and orders a shot.

  "Yeah. Yeah, you did." Alaric sighs. 

"Yeah."

Suddenly, turning her head as a new but familiar voice sounded beside them, Vivian's heart beats faster as she eyes the one in front of them.

  "Gentlemen, lady. Why so glum?" He says. His accent sent shivers down her spine. It was different seeing him back in his own body. In his old self. She twisted in her seat as she does, Klaus smiles.

Vivian shared a look with Alaric and Damon. Damon groans as he finally comes to the realization. "Klaus I presume."

  "In the flesh. Vivian, Dear. It's lovely to see you."  He says, smiling.

Vivian sighed. "I wish I could say the same about you." She says, her words soft. Damon stands and move to stand in front of her and closer to Klaus.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"

  "To catch up with an old acquaintance of course." He laughs, leaning back so he could see Vivian. However no one around him finds his words amusing.

"I highly doubt that. You don't seem the chummy type." Damon says.

"Right." Klaus says. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you not to try anything you'll regret."

Damon laughed and shook his head. "Thanks for the advice....I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement....by any chance, huh? Say, a favour for an old friend?" Damon says, placing a hand on Vivian's shoulder.

Klaus laughed. "You are kidding. He's kidding, right?" He says, looking between Alaric and Vivian.

Vivian smiles. "Not particularly. No." She says.

  "I mean, come on.  What's one month in the grand scheme of things?"

"Let me be clear. I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up" Klaus sent a smile towards Vivian as he left. The woman let out a breath and ordered another shot.

"He's friendly." Damon says.

"Supper chummy." Vivian said.

  "You're gonna screw it up, aren't you?" Alaric asks, ignoring the two. 

  "You think if I took his werewolf out, She might get over the fact...I tried to turn her into a vampire?"

  "It won't matter because you'll be dead." Alaric says pliantly.

  "Highly likely." Vivian chimes in. Damon rolls his eyes at her.

  "But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual....which means I would have bought her one month."

"You'll still be dead." Alaric tells him.

"You gonna help me or what?" He says, looking between Alaric and Vivian.

  The hunter sighed as he looked over to the vampires. "What do you want me to do?" He asks, knowing that later on, he'd probably regret it. At least, thats's what Vivian felt.

———

Short chapter ! But at least it's an update!

More to come!