•• Chapter Eight ••

Vivian woke with a start. With her breath uneven, she lets out a small whimper as she moves around in the small space. The bottom of her dress ripped as she tried to stand. As she falls, She lets out a groan of pain as she moves her mouth. Her bound hands go to touch her face. She hisses as her fingers brush up against her cheek.

Looking around her surroundings, she takes in what she sees. As her heart hammers in her chest, the quietness around her is deafening.

She sits in what looks to be a cell. With tall, brass bars, not wide enough for her to fit. Dust and dirt lingers the wood ground. Where am I? She questions in her head, afraid that if she spoke out loud that who ever took her might hear her.

To her right, there were other cells. Close to one another all lined up. The one beside her was empty. But as far as she could see, the others seemed occupied. A tear doesn't slow down as a few fall down her hurt face. Stefan and Damon must be worried about her. Wondering where she was. She didn't even remember anything after dinner. Her confusion only grew. And her fear never slowed.

As she is looking around, deep voices could be heard. Getting closer and closer, from the corner of her cell she watches as the door across the room open. And in walk three men. One of which she recognized. And her heart nearly fell to her stomach.

"Ah, Miss. Vivian. You're awake." The man she knows as her fathers friend says, coming towards the door dressed in a lab coat. His hand takes something out of his pocket and her eyes squint to get a look at what it was.

"W-what's going on?" She asks, her voice rough and scratchy. Dry and deprived of water.

"In time you'll see. And when I'm done with you, the mere concept of time its self, will be meaningless. To you, at least." He laughs, a skeleton key appears in his hand and he goes for the padlock that traps her.

"Gentlemen. Be careful with her, you understand?" He says, as the two men beside him move and grab her arms. Vivian does her best as she tries to fight them off her. But she's weak, and they're strong. And she can't fight them both.

"No! Stop! What are you doing! Where's my father!" She cried. Kicking and screaming. The doctors laughter overpowers it.

"Your father, my dear, is the one who got you here. Welcome, to the Augustine Society."

And just like that, again, her world is turned on it's axis and she doesn't know how to turn it back.
Not for a couple of years, at least. Because after everything they did to her, the torture, the turning, it's all made her stronger. And when she learned to turn her humanity off, only then did she make them wish they never created the very monster she was today.

( hi, yeah I might change this later but I really wanted to get on with the show. More of her past is going to be revealed by flashbacks, like the show does. I don't know if I mentioned that before but yeah. Sorry if this sucks 😂 )