•• Chapter Five ••

Stefan and Vivian were strong together. For a few days, they waited before telling anyone about their changed status. Deeming it important they keep the privacy of their new relationship a secret until they felt it necessary.
It was time they spent together. Alone and enjoying the feeling of their togetherness.

But since it has been a while, Vivian thought it was best they tell their fathers and Damon now. However, speaking of Damon, he's been strange since after the party, he hasn't spoken more than three words to her. Their usual banter non existent as of now. It was strange. He seemed to be mad at her. Ignoring her, even. She wanted to know why.

She guessed she'd find out after she and Stefan made their relationship announcement. Which, was to be happening soon. As she sits in a chair in her living room, she and Stefan wait for their fathers. The fire crackling fills the silence.

"There're not here yet?"

Vivian turned her head and watched as Damon walked in. A glass of bourbon in his hand. He walked past the chair Vivian sat, and past his brother who stood beside her.

"Not yet. I assume they will be soon. Father had said something about taking with Mr.Gilbert about a project they're working on." Vivian says, switching the position of her legs. She looks from Damon and smiled up towards Stefan. And the older Salvatore brother couldn't help but roll his eyes. Unfortunately, he knew exactly what this "announcement" was about. And he wished with everything he had that he didn't have to be there.

"All right." A voice suddenly breaks the some what awkward silence created between the three. Vivian watched as their father's walked in. Heading towards the small Credenza that displays the alcohol. "What is this?" He asks, standing in front of the two.

Vivian looks to Stefan again, he nods in agreement. They turn back to look at their father's who wait for one of them to speak. Damon hidden in the shadows.

"Father, Mr. Reyes. Recently, Vivian and I have gown a liking to one another. And now, I have asked her to be with me."

Laughter filled the room. Boasting smiles from both fathers were a good sign they approved. However, as they congratulated Stefan, Vivian couldn't help her eyes as they linger on Damon. Who's avoiding her glaze by staring down at the fire. After this, she would talk with him. She needed to.

"This is wonderful." Her father says, causing Vivian to look towards him. He's smiling. Something she hasn't seen him do in a long time. It was odd seeing him happy.

"You must join us for dinner then, Stefan, and you as well, Damon and of course Giuseppe, you're family now!" Her father laughs, patting Mr.Salvatore on the back. Together, they walk out of the room. Leaving the three alone.

"This is wonderful. Really." Damon mutters, downing the rest of his drink, he doesn't look back as he walks away from Stefan and Vivian. The girl hurt as she wonders why he's so clearly upset. She turns to Stefan, who is looking in the direction his brother wondered off in.

"I must go talk to him. I can't have him upset with me. I don't know what I did..." she says, Stefan nods at her. Moving closer, he wrapped his arms around her waits and embraced her. She sighed. Letting the comfort of Stefan's hold calm her.

"It's all right. Go talk to him. I'll be here waiting." He tells her, kissing her cheek, she gives him a smile and a kiss back. Then, she heads off in the direction Damon went. Her heart pounded nervously in her chest. Unsure what she was even going to say, she had a deep feeling she knew what was wrong.

Because in her gut, she knew something was missing. And because she felt that, she felt there was something wrong with her. Something not right. But she couldn't care. She couldn't. And she just hoped that they'd understand.

Exiting the the house, she stops at her steps. Looking around the front yard, her eyes Search for the older Salvatore brother.
Her heels clicking as she steps down the white painted steps. Passing the gardeners who work on the hedges and flowers, her eyes widen as she catches Damon's back as he walks towards the other side of the house.

She picks up her skirt and runs after her. Not even minding the rocks that enter her shoe as she does so.

When he stops in the middle of the yard, he hears her behind him. Not turning around, however, he shakes his head as he watches her walk in front of him. Out of breath, she stops, takes of her heel, and empty's it of the dust and rocks.

"What are you doing?" He asks, his voice rough and raspy. His hands in his pants pocket as he stairs at her in curiosity.

"Running after you, obviously. What does it look like?"

"Why?" Damon questions, annoyance laced his tone. He was read to leave and go back home.

Vivian rolled her eyes at him. "Damon." She says, stepping closer to him. He shakes his head.

"I'm going home. Father asked for me."

"No. You're just going home to avoid me." She says.

"I'm not."

"You are." She bites back.

"Viv..."

"No. Tell me what I've done. Because you seem to be doing everything in your power to get away from me. Ever since Stefan and I—"

She watched as his jaw clenched. And like a wave, the sudden realization washed over her.

"Damon..." she says, her voice softer.

He shook his head. "No. Look, I am happy for you and Stefan, I am. It's just—"

Damon moved to leave but quickly, Vivian steps and moved in front of him. Stopping his movement. Grabbing his arm gently, their eyes lock. Each of them breath slowly. The heat of the moment causes the air to shift. She wasn't sure what was happening. She wasn't sure what she wanted to happen. She was mental. Insane. She'd be shamed. Her father, wouldn't approve of her anymore.

She knew it wasn't possible to love more than one person. She thought it was Stefan. But then, she believed it was Damon. In all the years they've know each other. She never came to the possible conclusion that it could be both.

She wasn't sure who moved in first. But she did feel the distance between them become closer. So close that she suddenly felt his breath on her lips as their foreheads commented. The birds chipping filled the heavy silence.

"I'm confused, Damon." She whispers. 

He shushes her. Then, he's the one who brings his lips hers. And suddenly, she's in a trance. And she could hardly think straight. Only when he finally pulls a part does she catch her breath. Her hands slightly shaking as she and Damon stand in the grass. Stefan in the house still waiting for her return. Unaware of what's happening only a few feet away. Her heart throbs.

"Damon—"

"It's okay. I'm sorry." He says, shaking his head, she lets him turn away. Leaving her with her jumbled mind and confused heart. Her eyes watch him walk away and then they look towards her home.

She's going to have to talk to Stefan. She's going to have to talk to Damon. She was going to have to tell them she was in love with both of them.