•• Chapter Thirty Seven ••

(Episode 8 season 3 )

———

Pictures of the writing on the wall of the cave have been taken and are being examined by Alaric. Vivian sat in the room on one of the many tables laying around, nursing a fresh cup of bourbon and ice, she did her best to pay attention to what was happening around her.

On the other side of the room, Vivian watched as Elena and Damon worked on some combat, due to Elena's request. It was rather hard watching them, Vivian could remember a time she had asked Damon if he could teach her to fight, it was all going well until things took a turn and then ended with kisses by the fire. She hoped the same wouldn't happen this time around.

She knew what was happening and it was disheartening to witness it first hand. However, Vivian had a feeling that what those two were going through wasn't going to last. She just knew it.

""So how are you going to decipher the ancient wolf code?" Vivian questioned, after taking a long sip of her now watered down drink. She looked away from Damon and Elena and towards the photos scattered across the table beside her.

"Mason Lockwood said the cave would lead to a weapon that could kill klaus." Damon said, all while casually hitting away a kick from Elena.

"Doesn't Mikael have a weapon?"

"yes." Damon said, grabbing Elena's arm after she tried to stab him with the stake. "Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we've already found."

"And lost." Vivian chimed in.

"Right. Good remembering." Damon said, tossing Elena to the side, after she lost the "battle."

"The images, at the very least, might tell us what that weapon is." Damon says, walking over towards Vivian, he reached over to her and grabbed her drink and finished it. Vivian rolled her eyes and shoved him, only noticing Elena's glances towards them once she caught her turning her head in the other direction in avoidance.
Vivian almost smirked at the action. The air churned with slight jealousy and nervousness.

"Then all we need to do is find out what they mean." Elena says, joining Alaric's other side.

Vivian watched Damon roll his eyes, "Fine. Fine. If I'm being irritatingly optimistic, like you two...."

"Which would be the first and a sign of Armageddon." Vivian smiled

"How exactly do you suppose we do this?" Damon finished

"Well? If the story's about the Original family living here...then we go straight to the source."

After Elena left to go find Rebekah, Damon turned to Vivian and nodded his head towards the exit. Vivian sighed and hopped off the table and followed him down the stairs. "Where are we going?" Vivian asked, as they finally reached the door.

"We going to visit someone." Damon said

"Who, exactly? If I have learned anything it's that none of your old friends seem to like you visiting them."

Damon scoffed, "except you, maybe?"

"Oh, please." Vivian said, getting into the car after Damon opened the door for her. He quickly got in the drivers side and started the car. "I like you just as much as everyone else."

"Yeah, sure. None of my friends have kissed me the way you have while "visiting.""

"Oh shut up and drive." Vivian muttered.

  The metal door whined open, revealing a chained up Stefan Salvatore. The small window let in just enough spot light that perfectly cascaded around him, his daylight ring was still on his finger so it. Didn't effect him much.
Still, at the site of him, it was hard. He looked tired, and drained, which possibly meant that this idea was actually working.

"You know, if you two are gonna keep me locked in here for the next decade....I think we can skip the routine visits."

"See, I told you no one likes the visits." Vivian says, walking around the dungeon.

"Whatever, look, you know I'm not a big champion of this whole Lexi-recovering plan. But Elena thinks this place is gonna weaken you up...break you down, and make you feel again." Damon drones, Vivian rolls her eyes at the two. She watched Stefan closely as she walks around, her fingers gently brushing up against the cold brick walls.

"We should all listen to Elena, right? I mean, her plans always work out so well, don't they? What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? It's family day at Vampire rehab. Paying a visit to my baby brother."

"Go away."

"Ah, no, I though we could hang out. A little brother bonding."

"Just like old times." Vivian chimes in, "how've you been, Stef?" Vivian asked, just as she reached him, up close and personal on his other side.

"You know, Klaus may wanna keep Elena alive...but that doesn't mean she's safe with Rebekah." Stefan says, ignoring Vivian and turning to Damon.

"Liar, liar, pants on fire, brother. Klaus compelled you to protect Elena. If you thought for even a second she was in danger...you'd be working a lot harder."

"You got me. You got me."

"Yep."

"You're good. Congratulations. You can go now."

Damon turned to face his brother, "you really have given up." He stated.

"Actually, this is my happy face."

Damon swiftly walked over towards Stefan and ripped the chains off him, as well as the stake and walked away. "Screw this Lexi plan. I think we could all use a drink." Damon turned away but Vivian didn't fallow right away.

"Seriously, you know, I'd be much happier if you two would leave me alone."

"And what? Let you wallow into nothing on your own?"

"Precisely."

"Well, too bad." Vivian smiles, "come along now, the three of us need this, just like old times." She said, patting his shoulder as she did so.

"Right, just like old times." Stefan muttered, only loud enough that Vivian was able to hear. She smirked as they walked out of the dingy dungeon.

I'm going to end this part here, but boy is it good to be writing again! I missed it a lot!

Also I missed Vivian and do t you worry, things between them are going to start brewing soon enough!
It's about time!