•• Chapter Six ••

It was quiet. So quiet the sounds that were normally unheard were loud and clear. The tick or the clock, the crackle of the burning fire. The beating hearts of beings. Could all be heard as three of them sit in the room. The room of a girl they considered friends. Close friends.
She sat on the edge of her bed. Her feet planted on the ground and her hands held together in her lap. Each brother stood in front of her.

She had a dream. A horrible dream that caused her to jolt awake in the middle of the night. She dreamt she lost them. That there was this terrible accident and they had died and she was too late to save them. It was then, as she sat in her bed with sweat dripping down her face, did she decide to be brave and tell them how she felt.

They had come over in the afternoon. Like they had always planned. Everything was okay. She and Stefan had embraced each other, sharing a kiss as he entered her room.  Damon followed. Their kiss still a secret between the two. Vivian didn't want to keep any secret between her and Stefan. And so, without waiting any longer, she told them she had to tell them something. And they were quiet ever since.

Her heart beats were fast as she tries to keep her composure. But, as they stand there without saying anything, she's soon about to lose it. She can't just sit here in silence anymore. She needs to know what they're thinking. How they feel. Did they hate her now? By telling the truth, did she lose both of them? If that ended up being the case, Vivian wasn't sure if she could go on.  They were her rock.

Taking a deep inhale, she looks towards them. They seem lost in minds. Thinking deeply.

"Stefan?" She said, lightly.

He looks to her, a look of confusion, yet, understanding etched his face. She rubs the back of his neck as he looks over to his brother, who couldn't help but smile right at Vivian.

"I—you...both of us?" His voice was low. Looking between her and Damon. His mind rushing with confused thoughts. He wasn't sure what to think of this. But he knew, that he loved Vivian enough to get through this. He didn't want to lose her.

"I understand if you don't...I don't want this to ruin what we have." She says. Looking down at her floor. A tear slowly falls down her cheek. She's unsure what's going to happen. But she's prepared for anything. Or so she thinks she is.

Damon is the one to move towards the bed. She feels the mattress dip beside her as he sits. His hand rests on her arm. She looks to him, then to Stefan.

"We-we can figure this out. I know we can." Damon says.

"We can?" Vivian asks, Hope lacing her words as she tries to calm herself. She really didn't want to come between them. She didn't want to ruin what they had, or even their relationship.

"We can." Stefan says, surprising both Vivian and Damon. The older brother was sure he wouldn't be okay with even the the though. But, he knew they both loved Vivian. In their own ways. And if Stefan was okay with letting him get a change with her, than he'd be thankful.

"Really?" She questions, standing up, she walks close towards him. Reaching over she gently holds his arms. He smiles and nods.

Vivian sighed. Happily. In relief. She was sure she was going to lose them. But, as luck presented itself on her side, instead of that happening, she got both. And now, she finally felt complete.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It was a new day. A new week. Vivian had never been happier. Most of her life, she's been stuck in a building full of girls and mean teachers. And when she came back, her life was full of sadness and confusion.
But now, as she sit in the grass of the quarry, a book in her lap, and her two lovers playing their silly hall game, she's never felt more content.

It was strange, how their relationship worked. But they've come up with a routine that worked for all of them and they've never been stronger. Their love was something out of a fairytale. Vivian would read about love like this, and she's never imagined she'd ever get to experience it herself.

Shaking her head, she looked back to her book. A one that was her favorite and could read over and over again. She flipped page after page,
Not paying any attention to the two as they do their own thing.

However, Vivian let's out a surprised gasp as something suddenly hits her. Looking down beside her, she sees the leather bound ball in her lap.

"Sorry, Viv!" Damon calls out, rushing over to her. She shakes her head, placing the book down, she grabs the ball. With all she got, she threw it towards Stefan. He caught it with ease.

"Nice throw." He comments, smiling as she stood from the blanket. Taking off her shoes, she stands between the two a few feet away. Getting the hint, Stefan smiled and tosses the ball to Damon. Then, Damon passed back to Stefan.

Vivian rolled her eyes, "I see what you're doing." She comments. Looking between them with annoyance.

"Really?"  Stefan asks, catching the ball again.

"Stefan." She says, holding out her hands, ready to catch the ball. She ignores Damon's laughter on the other side of her.

"Okay." He says, going to throw the ball in her direction, she reads herself but let's out a annoyed groan as he switches and passes it back to Damon.

"Come on!" She exclaimed, causing the boys to laugh at her.

Rolling her eyes, she looks from Stefan then towards Damon, and without hesitation she rushes for him. His eyes wide as he watches her come his way, with ball in hand, he dodges her quickly. Laughter fills the quarry as Vivian chance the boys.

The day passing them by quickly as the bright blue sky turns from light to dark. The three walk closely together as they make their way back to Vivian's home. She holds their hands as they come up to the front door.

Vivian sighs, not willing to let them go. But, she knows she has to. As she's about to kiss Damon and Stefan goodbye, there's sound on the other side of the door and quickly Damon is forced to pull away from her. Because to the public, she's only dating Stefan, much to Damon's displeasure. However, he's learning to deal with it.

"Vivian." The voice of her father speaks as he stands in front of them. She only holds his hand now as they stand there.

"Father. Sorry we're late. We lost track of time."

"Oh, no worries, come in side now. Boys, tell your father to meet with me tomorrow." He says, holding his hand on Vivian's shoulder. Damon clenched his fist at his side. He watched as she stands beside her father uncomfortably.

"Of course. Goodnight, sir." Stefan says, nodding his head politely. Vivian sends each of them a reassuring smile before the door closes with a slam.

Damon shakes his head as the two make their way home. "I hate that guy." He mutters.

"Damon." Stefan chided, though he understands.

"What? He scares her. She doesn't trust him."

"I know. But he's her father."

"Yeah." Damon says. "Still doesn't mean I have to like the guy."

⚜️⚜️⚜️