•• Chapter Twelve ••

Vivian watched as Damon watched her

Vivian watched as Damon watched her. Shock and pure confusion riddled his face. And seeing that, made her believe that Damon and Katherine knew each other for different reason.

"How'd you get out?" He asks, casing Katherine to tilt her head and smile.

"I knew that if I begged you not to kill Elijah, that's exactly what you'd do." She said. "Little known fact? Originals can compel vampires...but as soon as they die, the compulsion wears off."

"And you knew." Damon stated. Vivian shuffled on her feet a little, she knew that too. But Damon didn't need to know that yet. What good would that do?

"And I'm still here." She said, her eyes then shift to Vivian, then back to Damon. "I meant what I said, I'm going to help you. And besides, how can I leave now that she's here?"

Vivian sighed. Maybe appearance wasn't the best idea after all. She knew how much trouble Katherine was.

"I'll show myself out." Vivian decides to say, causing Damon to turn to face her. His eyes almost pleading as he watches her walk away.

"This should be fun." Katherine says, with a smirk.

———-

In the morning, after a restless sleep, Vivian woke to commotion coming from downstairs. Slowly, she had gotten up from her bed and subconsciously raised her hand towards her necklace. She's king her head, she let out a tired sigh and stood up from the guest bed and walked down the steps of the home and towards the living room.

"What is she doing here?" A voice Vivian didn't know exclaimed.

"When we killed Elijah..it broke the compulsion, and it freed the bitch." Damon says, just as Vivian comes forward, joining the four. She immediately feels eyes on her as she walks to stand beside Damon.

"Who is she?" The girl that looks like Katherine asked.

Damon sighed, "Another ex from the past." He says, and the girl turns to Stefan, who is avoiding her eyes and looking towards the window.

"How's that even possible?" He asked.

"He's an Original." Vivian and Katherine answer in sync, before she could stop herself. She sighed at the looks she got from both brothers.

"They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine continued.

"I don't want you here. Get her out of here." The girl says, shaking her head as she looks to Katherine.

"You need me, Elena. You all do." Katherine said, her eyes shift around the room and when they land on Vivian, the girl shifts on her feet.

"Like hell." Stefan mutters.