•• Chapter Sixty Three ••

Vivian remembers the moment her choice was taken away from her

   Vivian remembers the moment her choice was taken away from her. When she was forced to become something she was unaware of. Something unknown. She wouldn't wish that on anyone. Your senses are heightened. Your emotions. Everything. It's a roller coaster Vivian was forced on and can never get off. Over time, she's grown to accept it. Grown to adapt, to grown stronger and stronger.

Still, it took time. And sometimes, people don't want to accept the change. Vivian understands. The struggle of coming to terms with how things are, took a toll on her when she was transitioning. She remembered being alone. In a cell. Having no idea what was happening to her. She has no choice but to thank Klaus and Katherine for helping her when they did. 

When she was alone though, they would tell that her father had done this. That because of him, she was here, begging them for a taste of blood. Over time, she stopped begging and learned To fend for herself.
Over time, she learned not to care; not to let the emotions take over. And recently, she's been noticing that her brick wall she spent years building, has been rapidly falling. And she didn't necessarily like the idea of the possibility that maybe, her wall wasn't as strong as she wanted it to be.

Being in Mystic Fall's had to be the reason. If she didn't come back, if she didn't listen to the grape vine, than she'd be free of their problems. But she also realizes that she'd be alone. She imagines one way or another she'd run into Stefan and Damon. She never would have thought she'd be stepping into high school love triangle. Maybe it was beyond her, but maybe she showed up just in time.

She felt a bit stuck. At a crossroads, and unfortunately for her, there was no Tin-man or cowardly lion to show her the way to a right decision.

Support Stefan and his need to help Elena learn the ways of the Bunny diet. Or agree with Damon that craving human blood is who they are. Now and forever. Or, because there's always a secret third option, say "fuck it" and reside as Switzerland and stay out of the conflict.

However much Vivian wished it was the time to pick the third option, she knew the brothers—unfortunately mostly Damon—wouldn't let her not pick a side. She already refused to pick a side once and can't do it again because apparently, that's a rule she didn't read in the fine print.

Vivian listened from the door as Stefan and Damon explained to Elena what had happened after she woke up.  She heard the anger in Damon's voice, the worry in Stefan's. She listened as she freaked out. As Vivian stood in the hall, with her fist clenched and anger and jealousy and all of the feelings she hates feeling brew within her, she finally gives up eavesdropping and marches downstairs.

Immediately going to the cupboard she knows holds the glasses and alcohol. She'd kill for something a little redder, something thicker and metallic-y, but they weren't at the boarding house or roaming around town and so, Bourbon will have to do.