Chapter One

Carson POV.

I pull up in front of mr Drew's apartment building and send him a message letting him know I'm here. I look at myself in the review mirror and quickly straighten my tie and collar before I get out of the car. I move to the other side so that I can open the door for mr Drew. It takes about 5 minutes before he exits the building and he smiles brightly when he sees me. I smile back and feel heat rise to my cheeks so,I quickly look away and open the car door for him.

"Good morning Carson." He greets warmly and I nod.

"Good morning sir." I reply as I close his door and head back to the drivers side and get in. I pull on my seatbelt before I start the car up and drive off in the direction of Elerese corp.

"Any plans for tonight Carson?" He asks me.

"No sir, nothing." I reply.

"And you sir?" I ask politely.

"I'm taking Cory out to his favourite restaurant." He says with a warm smile and my heart hurts a little. I know it's wrong. I'm not supposed to feel this way about my boss and to make matters worse it's not only him I feel this way about. I feel the same way about Cory. Sweet, bubbly over the top Cory.

"That's nice sir. I hope you two have a good time." I force out a smile as I say those words. I wish I could be there with them. All three of us enjoying a night out. But I know I'm being delusional.

"Why don't you join us?" He asks as I pull up in front of the company and I break hard.

"Whoa."

"Sorry sir! I was just startled by your question." I apologise.

"It's okay. But would you like to join us tonight?" He asks again and I just stare at him in shock. I couldn't possibly do that.

"I can't do that sir. It's yours and Cory's time together and I couldn't intrude like that but thank you for the invite." I politely decline and he looks at me with a stern face.

"You aren't intruding. I wouldn't have asked you to come if I didn't want you there. So, I'll give you till the end of the day to think about it and you can give me your answer when you fetch me tonight, understood?" He states firmly and I just nod dumbly.

"Good. Have a nice day Carson, I'll see you later." He says with a bright smile as he exits the car.

I sit there even after mr Drew left, trying to think of a way to get out of tonight. I can't go out with them. It would hurt to much to see them being all loving to each other and not being able to join in. Oh God what am I gonna do. I groan and jump slightly when there's a knock on my window. I look to the side and see a beaming Jesse standing outside my window and I sigh. I roll down my window and Jesse smiles even bigger if that's possible. My sister is way to cheerful for her own good.

"Hi sonny!" She greets and I smile.

"Morning Jesse. Can I help you?"

"No, just wanted to say hi before I headed in and see how you're doing." She says. I love my sister. She just some how knows when somethings wrong or if I'm feeling down. No matter how hard I try to hide it, she always knows. It's both a blessing and a curse because she can sometimes get on my last nerve with her worrying.

"I'm okay Jesse really. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Just been super busy these last four days. There's this big company anniversary coming up in a few weeks and the company's holding a huge banquet to celebrate." She explains and then proceeds to tell me how much planing and work she has been doing. After that she waves good bye and heads inside. I move the car to the underground parking and then head to the building's cafe so I can get something to eat. I didn't get a chance to eat this morning since I slept through my alarm.

"Good morning Carson." Milly greets when I get to the counter.

"Morning Mils." I smile.

"The usual hon?" She asks and I nod. I put my hand in my pocket to grab my wallet but I don't feel it. Shit don't tell me I forgot it at home. I pat myself down searching for the bloody thing but it's no where on me.

"Okay here's you meal, cash or card hon?" Milly asks as she punches in the total.

"Sorry Mils, it looks like I left my wallet at home." I groan as I look at the delicious food on the tray.

"I gue-." I start but I'm cut off as a long pale arm reaches out next to me.

"I got it." The sweet voice of Cory says and I look to the side where a short Cory stands with his big brown doe eyes and thin pink lips that are stretched into a sweet smile.

"Thanks Cory." I say gently and he just gives me another smile as Milly hands him his change.

"It's no problem sweets." He winks and I chuckle but feel a little flustered.

"I'll pay you back tomorrow, I promise." I tell him as we both take a seat at one of the empty tables.

"You don't have to do that sweets. I'm happy to buy you breakfast." He grins and I shake my head at his teasing.

"Spencer told me he invited you to join us tonight." He says causally as he sips his coffee and I freeze. Shit. Is he mad about that?

"I'm sorry Cory. I don't want to intrude I already told mr Drew I can't come. I p-."

"Shh, it's okay sweets you don't have to get so riled up and you're not intruding. It would be lovely to have you hang out with us." He says sweetly and I can't help the butterflies in my stomach when I look at his pretty face.

"No. I really can't Cory. It's no polite to third wheel." I explain and he pouts a little.

"Well how about this. To pay me back for breakfast you come out with us tonight." He says.

"I thought you said I didn't have to pay you back." I say as I raise an amused eyebrow at him. He just gives me a sugar sweet smile and stands up.

"Changed my mind." And with that he walks away. Guess I'm going to dinner with them tonight.