Chapter Twenty-Three

Carson's POV

At one o' clock, exactly, my cellphone rings. Cory's name flashes across my screen and I can't help the big smile that stretches across my lips.

"Hi." I answer.

"Hey sweets, are you still coming up for lunch? if you're busy, we can wait." He says.

"No, I'll be up soon. I actually forgot the time. I'm heading up now. See you in a minute." I say and hang up before leaving the security room. I take the elevator up to mr Drew's office.

When the elevator dings open, I step out and head down the hall to mr Drew's office. I stop outside mr Drew's office door and knock.

"Come in." Mr Drew calls and I open the door. When I enter the room they both look up and smile.

"Hey baby." Mr Drew greets and my insides feel all gooey and warm. My face heats up as Cory bounces over to me and wraps his arms around me. He lays his head on my chest as he hugs me. I smile down at him and pull him closer.

"Food should be here soon." Mr Drew says as he stands up and walks towards us. Cory let's go of me and smiles.

"Lets sit." Mr Drew says as he points to the large brown sofa against the wall. We walk over and sit down. Cory sits in the middle and mr Drew and I sit on either side of him.

We sit it a sort of awkward silence for a while. Just looking around mr Drew's office.

"So, how have you been?" Mr Drew asks me and I can't help but laugh. 

"Oh god this is so awkward!" I chuckle and they both smile at me.

"We're normally okay. I don't know why todays so different." Cory's says, looking down.

"Its because we've never been together knowing how we feel about each other." Mr Drew says and I nod.

"Yeah, this is the first time we're alone together, knowing how we feel about each other." I say.

"It doesn't have to be weird though." Mr Drew stands up and looks down at the both of us.

"We've know each other for quite a long time. It's just now we get to know each other in a different ways than normal." He continues and I blush.

"Yeah in naughty ways." Cory says way to excitedly and I chuckle. There's a knock on the door and mr Drew calls for them to enter.

A man walks in with three brown bags. He places it down on the wooden coffee table in the office and mr Drew hands him a twenty as a tip. After the guy leaves Cory starts taking out the foods from the bag.

"Yesss!" Cory squeals as he picks out a container.

"They had chicken parm." Mr Drew smiles as he watches Cory open the food container.

"I wasn't sure what you would like so I ordered one of everything." Mr Drew says sheepishly and I smile at him.

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome."

"Thif is goo!" Cory moans out with a mouth full of chicken parm.

"Let's eats." Mr Drew says and I nod.

-

After lunch I went back to the security room. I was there barely 5 minutes before Jesse and Cory came rushing in and pulled me away. We head back up to mr Drew's office and I was still so confused as to what was going on.

When we walk into mr Drew's office, he's on the phone, swearing the person on the other line.

"What's going on?" I question and Jesse hands me a stack of files and sits down. Mr Drew slams the phone down and kicks his chair. I jump slightly at the sudden bang.

"Sir?" I call and his angry eyes snap to me. I take a step back even thought I'm far away from him and his face softens.

"Sorry b-." He starts to say but stops when he realises Jesse is in the room. He clears his throat and speaks again.

"Sorry Carson. Elena fucked up worse than I thought and if we don't sort this out by tonight I could lose millions." He explains.

"I'm sorry." I say and he smiles at me.

"But I don't understand why I'm here." I say.

"No one else can know about this. Cory and Jesse are my go to when shit gets bad and they need help and you're the only other person I trust with this." He says and my cheeks heat.

"Oh, well um what am I looking for?" I ask as I sit down next to my sister. I place the files she handed me, down onto the large coffee table in front us.

"These are the financial records for the last five years. When Elena first started working here, she was in finance. When she fucked up there, we moved her to sales. What we didn't realise is that her small mistake wasn't as small as we first thought. She essentially created a black hole that could possibly sink millions if we don't find the point of her initial mistake. Although we sorted it out 5 years ago, they didn't tie it up. So there's 5 years worth of growth and we have to find it in one of those files." He explains. I managed to understand part of it but I still don't know what I'm looking for.

The confused look on my face clues mr Drew into this.

"If you look at our financial records you will see we have a budget. If we go over it by more then 10 000 it's a discrepancy. So, just look at the budget." He says as he opens one of the files and shows me the budget amount.

"Look at the transactions, it will give you what it costs, including tax, and how much the company paid." He points to the transaction list.

"The total is here at the bottom. If it's over budget by 10 000 highlight it and mark the folder with an X so that I can do the calculations. Jesse is sorting the company's we pay and the charity's we donate to and Cory is noting them. So when you're done give me the file." Mr Drew says and I nod.

"Sit at my desk with me, it will be easier to work that way." He says and so we both head to his desk and start working.