Chapter Fourteen

Carson's POV

Jesse's party is in full swing and everyone's having a great time. We just finished singing happy birthday and cutting the cake and now everyone's mingling.

"Hey sweets." Cory greets as he plops down next to me. I smile at him when I notice his flushed cheeks and glassy eyes. He's tipsy and a tipsy Cory is a handful.

"Hi Cory." I greet as he places his head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around mine.

"I want a unicorn but Spencer said no. You'll get me my unicorn won't you sweets?" He pouts and bats those long eye lashes of his. I have to hold in my laugh as I look down at him.

"What colour unicorn do you want?" I ask and he beams up at me.

"I knew you'd get me my unicorn. You're not mean like Spencer. I want a green unicorn. I'm going to name him green beans." He says seriously and I start laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks me and I see his bottom lip wobble.

"Do you not like my unicorns name!?" He cries and I stop laughing. I try to shush him but he cries louder. I see mr Drew walking towards us and I sigh in relief.

"What happened?" He asks worriedly as he sits down next to Cory, who latches onto him.

"Carson doesn't like green beans." Cory hiccups and Mr Drew looks at me confused.

"Green beans?" He questions and I sigh.

"His unicorn." I say and mr Drew smiles, coughing to hide his laugh.

"Cory. Your unicorns name is beautiful." I say and  rub his back as he sniffles into mr Drews shoulder.

"Really?" He asks as he pulls away from mr Drew and looks at me. I nod and wipe away his tears.

"So, when will I get my unicorn?" He asks and wipes his nose.

"Soon." Mr Drew says and that seems to sate Cory's unicorn madness.

"I'm hungry." He says as he stands. Before either mr Drew and I can say anything he walks away and straight to the snack table. Mr Drew just shakes his head and leans back against the back rest.

"You said you'd get him a unicorn?" Mr Drew asks and I shake my head.

"I only asked him what colour unicorn he wanted." I smile and mr Drew chuckles.

"You staying at Jesse's tonight?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"I'm heading home. Mums away and I need to make sure the house is okay." I explain and he nods.

"Are you free tomorrow?" He asks and I nod without thinking.

"Lizzy is coming down to visit." He says and I beam. Lizzy or Elizabeth is mr Drew's younger sister. She and I became friends when I first started working for mr Drew and she was staying with him for a few weeks for the holidays. She was 21 when we met and we hit off.

We always hang out when she comes down and we just sort of became best friends. She also knows about my silly crush on her brother and Cory. She's also very active in trying to get us all together. Even though I've told her it's a pipe dream. She believes it's going to happen.

"Really! She didn't tell me." I say and pout as I wonder why she didn't tell me.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." Mr Drew grumbles and I smile at his grumbling self.

"Then why'd you tell me?" I ask and he looks down at me.

"She pissed me off so I ruined her surprise." He huffs and I chuckle.