Chapter Fifty-One

Carsons POV

We spent the weekend at home and lazed around and just enjoyed each other's company.  Jesse and I had dinner with mum on Saturday. She's dating someone. She won't tell us who but she wanted to tell us both before we found out some other way. It's weird to think of my mother with anyone but my dad. But Jesse and I are happy for her.

Monday came too soon and now here we are.
Spencer's working late so I'm going to take Cory home. Spencer drove his car to work this morning so, I'm only heading in this afternoon. Mum is gone out with her mystery man so, I'm home alone. I've got an hour before I've got to leave to pick Cory up. So, I'm currently watching tv.

My phone rings and I see my mother's name flash across my screen and I answer.

"Hey mum, what's up?" I ask.

"Hi honey. I just called to let you know I'm going to stay with Jesse tonight." She tells me and I chuckle. Jesse has been dying to know more about mum's mystery man and this is her way of trying to get more information and mums indulging her.

"Good luck with that." I joke and mum laughs.

"I'll be back tomorrow evening." She says and I hum in recognition. We say goodbye after that and I hang up.

I head to the bathroom and decide to take a quick shower and shave. I don't really like stubble. But I've let it grow out this weekend, too lazy to shave.

After showering and changing, I pass the time watching tv and texting Cory and Spencer on our group chat. Before I know it, it's time to leave. I lock up and head off. Traffic is hectic and I'm glad I left early.

By the time I reach Elerse corp it past 8 and Cory's already waiting at the pick up zone for me. He smiles when he sees me and walks over quickly, getting into the passenger seat, next to me.

"Hey sweets." Cory greets as he leans over and pecks my lips.

"Hey sweetheart, how was your day?" I ask as I pull away from the building and onto the main road, while Cory buckles himself in.

"Same old same old. I had lunch with Daniel." He says and I smile.

"I didn't know he was coming over." I say.

"It was a virtual lunch. We Skyped." He says and I hum. The street lights on this road aren't working and so I turn on my brights, making sure to look for turning vehicles.

"Did you have a good lunch then?" I ask and he hums in acknowledgment.

"I don't know who's calling." He says but he picks up his buzzing phone anyway.

I drive across the empty road and I realise there's no power. The street lights are down and the road is pitch black. My brights help but not much.

As I turn onto the main road flashing lights come at me and I try to swerve but it's too late. Everything goes black.