Chapter Twenty-Seven

Carson's POV

After I shower and change I head downstairs to the kitchen. I pass the lounge and see mr Drew sitting there with his laptop. He doesn't look up when I pass him and I walk straight into the kitchen.

"Hey." I say when I see Cory opening food containers.

"Hey sweets, food just got here. Grab a plate." He says and I do so. Cory ordered Italian, which I love. We dish food out onto out plates and Cory takes three cans of coke out of the fridge.

"What about mr Drew?" I ask and before Cory can answer, I feel arms wrap around my waist. I jump slightly but relax when I realise it's mr Drew. He pulls me flush against his chest and kisses the side of my head.

"You know, you don't have to call me mr Drew anymore." He tells me and I blush.

"Yeah you can call him Spencer." Cory says happily as he hops over to us. He stops in front of me and I smile down at him.

"It just feels weird. I've always called you mr Drew. I've never thought about calling you by your name." I say and he hums as he leans his head against mine. Cory holds my hand, playing with my fingers.

"Well maybe we can build up to it slowly. When we're at home you can try calling me Spencer. So, that you can get comfortable with it." He says and I nod.

"I can do that." I say.

"Good. Now let's eat, the foods getting cold."
Spencer says after pecking the side of my head. It's weird calling him Spencer, even thinking it makes me feel both warm and uncomfortable.

We take our food to the lounge where mr Drew switch's on the tv. No wait Spencer. I need to practice this.

"What do you guys want to watch?" Cory asks as he pulls up Netflix on the tv.

"Anything, but no horror please." I beg and Cory smiles at me.

"I'm sorry about the last time." He says apologetically and I smile and squeeze his hand.

"It's okay jelly bean." I say and he smiles.

"How about a comedy?" Spencer asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I could use a good laugh." I say and Cory agrees. We scroll through all the comedies and finally settle on Murder Mystery. It has to be good, Adam Sandler is in it. We start the movie and begin eating.

Half an hour into the movie and my throat is sore from all the laughing. Cory has tears of laughter rolling down his cheeks and mr Drew has a big smile on his lips.

The movie plays on as we laugh, a lot, and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere we're in.

After the movie finishes we take all our dishes to the kitchen and place them in the dish washer. I check the time and see it's already half past 10. Mr Drew sees it as well because he lets out a heavy sigh.

"I should go to bed." He says as he stretches. Cory checks the time and frowns.

"Yeah, you have to get up early tomorrow, even though you're not leaving the house." He says and mr Drew nods.

"You two enjoy watching your movies, I'm going to call it a night." Spencer says. He walks up to us and hugs us both.

"I'm ready for bed as well." I say and Cory nods in agreement.

"Okay then off to bed we go." We make sure all the lights downstairs are switched off before we head upstairs.

"Goodnight." I say as we stop outside mr Drew's bedroom. I continue to walk towards the guest bedroom but Spencer's voice stops me. I'm trying very hard to use his name.

"Do you want to sleep with us tonight?" He asks and my eyes widen.

"No, no I mean actual sleep. Nothing else." He clarifies and I blush.

"You don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable." Cory adds.

"Yeah, no pressure. I just thought I'd extend the invitation." Mr- Spencer shrugs.

"I think I'll use the guest room for tonight. I'm just not ready to.." I trail and they both smile at me.

"We understand sweets. No worries. We'll see you in the morning." Cory reassures me. He gives me a warm hug and I pull him in close. I kiss the top of his head and give him a small squeeze.

"Night sweets." Cory places a gentle kiss to my neck before he pulls away from me.

"Goodnight." Cory walks into their bedroom and mr Drew walks up to me. I know I keep going back and forth with his name but it's been less than 3 hours now that I've been using his actual name.

He pulls me against his chest, his arms wrap tightly around my waist, and he nuzzles my neck. I blush but wrap my arms around his neck and cling to him tightly. I have to stand on my toes so I can hug him properly.

"Goodnight baby." He kisses my forehead as he pulls away and I hum, contently.

"Night." I whisper. We go to our bedrooms. Once I'm in the guest room, I get straight into bed. I snuggle under the covers and pull the blanket up to under my chin. I close my eyes and let out a content sigh and like that I fall asleep all warm and comfy.

-

The next morning I wake up way to early for a Saturday. I check the time and see it's 4am. Why am I up this early. I groan as I sit up, I can hear footsteps echoing down the passage.

"Hello?" I call out sleepy and the footsteps stop and then get louder. My bedroom door opens and mr Drew walks in.

"Sorry baby, I didn't mean to wake you." He says sheepishly and I just give him a sleepy smile, my eyes barely open.

" 'S okay." I yawn. He smiles and walks towards me. I lie back down and mr Drew pulls the blankets up and over me.

"Thanks." I mumble as I nuzzles against my pillow.

"No problem, baby. Sleep now, it's way to early for you to be up." He whispers before kissing my head. I smile with my eyes closed and fall asleep again.