Chapter Twenty-Two

Carson's POV

"Baby, no. Of course I want you to get to know my parents." He says as he pulls me closer and I blush but go willingly.

"I just want us to sort out our relationship first. I want us to be in a good and stable place. I want to work on us before anybody else gets involved. Also, I could never be embarrassed by you. Every single thing about you is absolutely perfect." He says and places a small kiss on my forehead. I look down trying to hide my pink face.

Mr Drew goes to speak again but his phone rings. He groans as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and answers.

"What?!" He bites out.

I turn around when I hear the car door open and see Cory walking up to us. He smiles at me as he stops next to me. He bumps his shoulder against my arm and I smile down at him. Mr Drew walks off a little further down as he continues to argue with the person on the other end of the line.

"How you doing sweets?" He asks as he looks down at my hand then back up at me.

"Overwhelmed." I say and look towards him but he's looking down at my hand. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. I see him move his hand towards mine a couple of times but he stops before he can touch me.

What is he trying to do. The next time he does it I grab a hold of his hand and intertwine our fingers. Cory jerks in surprise and looks up at me. His pale cheeks are dusted a lovely pink colour and his big brown doe eye hold nervousness in them. Why would he be nervous?

"Were you trying to hold my hand?" I ask and he nods and looks down at our clasped hands.

"Then why didn't you? You've never shied away from hugging or holding my hand before." I say confused and he bites his bottom lip.

"I didn't know how you you felt about PDA. I've always hugged you or held your hand behind closed doors. Never in public. I was scared you wouldn't like it." He says and I squeezes his hand to comfort him.

"Cory, you can hold my hand or hug me anytime you want, anywhere you want. I like it. I would never turn you down, ever." I promise him. I would never do that to him or mr Drew. Even if I was angry at them I would never push them away.

"You promise?" He asks, sticking out his pinky finger on his free hand, and I chuckle.

"I promise." I smile and lock our pinkies together. Cory beams at me and leans against my shoulder as we wait for mr Drew to finish his call.

"Sort it out, now!" He shouts as he hangs up. He walks up to us and sighs heavily.

"What happened?" Cory asks him when he's close enough to us.

"Elena fucked up." He groans.

"What she do now?" Cory's asks ,exasperated.

"Who's Elena?" I ask.

"She's our sales rep. She can't do anything right. This is the fifth time in two months she's caused trouble for me." Mr Drew explains.

"Why don't you just let her go?" I ask, curious as to why she's still working for the company after so many mistakes.

"She's my fathers best friends daughter. I promised him I'd try to help her. But I'm at my wits end with her. One more mistake and she's gone. I don't care how close our families are, I can't deal with her anymore." Mr Drew rants as we head to the car. Cory's still holding my hand and I smile.

Mr Drew gets into the passenger seat and I open the back door for Cory. He gets in and I close the door behind him. Once I'm in the car I ask mr Drew where to next.

"The office. I have to see how bad things are." He says as he rubs his forehead in frustration. I tap his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. He smiles at me and we head to the office.

I pull into the undercover parking  and switch the car off. We all step out and I lock the car. We walk over to the elevators and I head to the staff elevator. A hand is wrapped around my waist and I'm tugged into mr Drew's side. I look up at him in question and he just smiles as he leads me into his private elevator. Cory's already inside holding it opened.

I press the button for the first floor and wait. The elevator doesn't take long to stop on the first floor. I wave goodbye to mr Drew and Cory after promising to  join them for lunch in mr Drew's office later today. I then head towards the security room but I stop on my way to greet Jesse.

"Morning sonny." She greets when she sees me and I smile.

"Good morning."

"You look very happy today." She says and I blush. Her eyes widen at my pink face.

"Oh my gosh! Tell me what happened." She squeals loudly and I shush her.

"Keep your voice down!" I hiss.

"Are you seeing someone?" She whispers and I bite my lip. I don't think we're telling people about our relationship yet so I don't know what to say or how she'll react to the kind of relationship I'm in. Plus our relationship only started a few hours ago.

"No I'm not." I lie and she gives me a deadpan look.

"Sonny you can't lie." She says and I pout.

"I can." I huff.

"Trying to distract me isn't going to work sonny." She says and I shrug.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Fine you don't have to tell me. But I'm here when you're ready to tell me." She says and I smile. I lean over her desk and hug her.

"Thanks Jess." I kiss her head and then head to the security room.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hello my lovely readers.

I hope you are all well and doing great.

I just wanted to thank you guys so much for all the reads, votes and comments. I would love to get to know you guys, where you're from and what languages you speak. If you want to share that is. Just let me know in the comments.

Thank you once again

Until next time

Byes!