Chapter Thirty-Seven

Carson's POV

Once I made sure Jesse was safely in a taxi and on her way home, Spencer, Cory and I left.

Jesse has been sending me pictures of guys she wants me to meet for the past two hours and I've been ignoring her.

"Who's blowing up your phone like that?" Cory asks as he walks into the lounge and sits down next me. We all showered and changed as soon as we got back. Now we're all just getting ready for bed it's only 11 but I'm so exhausted.

"Jesse, she's sending me pictures of guys she thinks I should go out with." I explain and his eyes widen.

"What!? Why?!" He asks and I blush slightly.

"Why what?" Spencer asks as he walks back into lounge from the kitchen.

"Jesse is trying to set Carson up with someone." Cory pouts and I frown. I wrap my arm around him and pull him against my side. He huffs but cuddles into me. I smile when he doesn't pull away from me.

"I'm not going to go out with any those guys. I'm just letting her do this so she doesn't find out about us." I explain as Spencer sits down next me.

"What do you mean? Why would she even think we're in a relationship? We're very professional at work, in front of others anyway." Spencer says.

"Well, I might have been staring at Cory all dopey like and Jesse kind of deduced that I had a crush on him after I called him beautiful and I didn't deny it. Now she's trying to help me get over Cory by finding me someone to hookup with." I tell them and Spencer's sighs, slightly amused. Cory on the other hand looks annoyed.

"I don't like it. Your ours." He huffs and I can't help but kiss his puffed out cheek.

"I know sweetheart and I'm not going to go on any of those dates. I'm just letting Jesse get it out of her system." I tell him and he smiles

"You called me sweetheart." He says, completely unbothered by the rest of my sentence.

"I did." I smile and nuzzle the side of his face.

"I like it. I like jelly bean to but this makes me feel all fuzzy and warm." He says shyly and I smile while pulling him closer.

"I'll use it more often then." I say.

"What about me?" We both turn to look at a pouty Spencer.

"What about you?" Cory asks as he lays his head my shoulder.

"I want a sweet, lovey name too." He says and I blush.

"I call you honey all the time." Cory says.

"I know and I adore it but I want one from Carson too." He says as he takes a hold of my free hand and brings it up to his lips. He places a gentle kiss on each tip of my finger and my ears heat up.

"You can't just demand one Spence, it has to happen organically." Cory teases and Spencer nods sadly. Both our smiles drop as we look at him.

"I know." He says as he plays with my fingers.

"It's just you and... never mind." He shakes his head and lets out a breath.

"No, tell us, what is it?" I ask as I squeeze his hand that's holding mine.

"Nothing, I'm just being silly." He try's to brush it off but I don't let it go.

"Spencer talk to us, what's wrong?"  Cory asks.

"It's just, I feel like you're more comfortable around Cory then you are me. I get it, I was you're boss for a very long time, still am but now that we're more than that I still feel like you're keeping you're distance from me. You don't initiate anything with me. Even when you do it's so timid and guarded. I'm not jealous about how you are with Cory, I'm just sad that we aren't the same way."  He explains and I don't know how to reply.

He's right. I'm not very affectionate when it comes to him. I hold back, a lot.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and his eyes dart up to me.

"No baby, I didn't mean to make you feel guilty. I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I know it's going to take time with me and I'm willing to wait. I know you're trying and I'm trying to. I hold back so I don't scare you." He says as he leans towards me. 

"You don't have to." I breath out.

"I don't have to what?" He asks and I look up at him.

"You don't have to hold back. I know I'm cautious when it come to you and it is because of work. But that's not fair to you or me." I say.

"We've only been together a couple of weeks and I know that's not enough time to get comfortable but I don't want to rush you. You don't have to say that just because you feel bad. I'm happy to wait until you're comfortable." Spencer says comfortingly.

"I am comfortable. I adore every hug, kiss and gentle show of affection. It makes me happy." I smiles and he lets out a relieved breath.

"I'm so glad to here you say that." That's all he says before he's pulling me and Cory into his arms. He kisses the top of my head and I smile into his chest.

Cory let's out a big yawn as we pull apart and I smile at him.

"We should all get to bed. It's been a bloody long week." Spencer says and we all agree.

"Sleep sounds like heaven right now. After missing it for almost five days straight." Cory says as he stands up and stretches.

"I'm so glad this banquet is over. No more stressing over bloody ice sculptures I don't even want." Spencer grumbles and I chuckle.

"But it was a really lovely evening. Everything turned out amazing and the hall was stunning. Not to mentioned the delicious food." I say as we walk towards the stair case.

"The food was really good." Cory says in agreement as we walk up the stairs. As we walk towards the bedrooms, I follow Cory and Spencer to their room.

"Where are you going?" Spencer asks when he notices that m not walking down the hallway.

"With you guys. If that's okay?" I say and they both nod.

"It's more that okay sweets."