Chapter Five

Carson's POV

"Sure." I whisper out and Cory squeals. Mr Drew smiles at me. I head to the undercover parking and park the car in the reserved parking spot, then I head up to the pent house. 

Since we're in the middle of winter the house is quite cold and I shiver slightly. Mr Drew quickly turns on the heat and Cory brings a whole lot of blankets into the lounge. I'm still in my uniform, so I take of my hat to be a little more comfortable.

I hear rain outside and think about how this is the perfect weather to cuddle and watch movies. I look at Cory and mr Drew and blush, thinking how great it would be to do that with them.

"I'm going to order pizza , is that okay?" Mr Drew asks and Cory's nods and I agree as well.

"Anything specific you want Carson?" Mr Drew asks and  I shake my head.

"No sir. But just no pineapple on my pizza." I say with a grimace and they both laugh.

"I would never do that, I'm not that cruel." Mr Drew chuckles as he grabs his cell phone and heads down the hall.

"You want to change your clothes?" Cory asks me.

"No, it's okay."  I say and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"That uniform can't be comfortable. Come on, you can borrow some of Spencer's clothes since I don't think my clothes will fit you. Although, Spencer's clothes may be big on you, it will be more comfortable." Cory explains as he grabs my hand and starts leading me upstairs.

"Cory! I don't think mr Drew would appreciate some stranger wearing his clothes." I hiss and pull against his hold.

"You're not a stranger Carson. How could you say that?" He asks sadly.

"I'm sorry I know I'm not a stranger but still mr Drew is my boss. I can't just raid his closet and wear his clothes." I try to explain to the small man in front of me.

"He's my boss too and I wear his clothes." He says and folds his arms with a huff.

"That's different Cory and you know it." I say, trying to hide my sadness.

"What's going on here." Mr Drew's voice makes both Cory and I jump.

"Nothing." I say and Cory frowns.

"Can Carson borrow some of your clothes? He's uncomfortable in his uniform." Cory asks and I whip my head around to face him.

"Cory!" I hiss and he just looks at mr Drew expectantly. Before mr Drew can answer I start talking.

"I'm sorry sir, I know how inappropriate this is and I already explained this to Cory. I don't know why he asked you but I apologise for that as well. I think I'll just head home. Thank you for the invite but I think I should go." I say, looking down and I quickly start walking away. I walk past the both of them and to the stairs but before my foot hits the first step my hand is pulled gently back and my body is turned around.

I look up and straight into mr Drew's forest green eyes. I blink up at him owlishly and he just gives me a gentle smile.

"Carson, you know you don't have to act so formal around me all the time. We're friends, well I'd like to think we are. Don't you consider us your friends?" He asks as he looks at Cory and then back at me and I nod slowly.

"Then why did you get so worked up just now?" He asks and I feel his thumb gently rub the back of my hand that he's still holding. My racing heart calms a little and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"You're still my boss sir. It's inappropriate to ask such things and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." I whisper and I drop my eyes to his chest.

"That's very considerate of you Carson but you don't have to worry about making me feel uncomfortable, as long as you're comfortable and happy so am I." He says and I just nod not even grasping his words properly.

"So, do you want to borrow something to wear or not?" He asks gently and I nod and he smiles down at me.

"Okay , then Cory will show you where you can borrow clothes from okay?" I just nod and Cory walks over and beams at me. He grabs my free hand and starts pulling me towards a bedroom. I'm assuming mr Drew's bedroom. My hand slips out of mr Drew's and I miss the warm comfort it brought but Cory's little hand in mine makes up for that.

Once we enter mr Drew's room Cory rushes into the walk in closet while I scan the room. The walls are painted a dark grey and there's a huge bed in the centre of the room. There's a floor to ceiling window on the left side just like the one in the lounge. There's a flatscreen tv mounted onto  the wall directly in front of the bed and underneath the tv is a chest draw. On top of the draw sits photo frames, with pictures of mr Drew's family as well as him and Cory. I smile when I see one of mr Drew and Cory on a small rowing boat. Mr Drew is soaking wet and scowling at the camera and Cory is dying of laughter. It warms my heart and I can't help the fuzzy feeling I get.

"I've got warm clothes for you!" Cory sings as he hops out of the closet with a whole bunch of warm looking clothes in his arms. He drops everything onto the bed and beckons me over. I walk over and look down at the bed where the clothes lie.

"So, I got you this black track pants, and this white t shirt and most importantly this sweater. It's Spencer's favourite one and it's so cosy." He explains as he hands it to me.

"Cory if this is mr Drew's favourite sweater shouldn't you have picked something else. What if I mess it or something." I ask a little panicked but he waves me off.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it sweets just change and then come  joins us downstairs." He says and leaves the room.

Time to change.