Chapter Twenty-Five

Carson's POV

When I get to mr Drew's place it's just before 6. Even though I left early, the afternoon traffic was crazy and I was stuck on the road for almost an hour.

"Hello?" I call and I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs.

"Hey sweets!" Cory squeals. He walks over quickly and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around him, enjoying the feeling of him in my arms, and kiss the top of his head.

"Hey jelly bean." I whisper and he giggles.

"Jelly bean?" He asks as he moves his head back so that he can look up at me. I blush slightly but smile and nod.

"Yeah. I don't know, it just feels right but if you don't like it, I'll stop." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"It's perfect." He leans up and places a soft kiss on my cheek before pulling away from me.

"Where's mr Drew?" I ask as I follow him to the kitchen.

"He's upstairs, changing, he just finished taking a shower." Cory's explains and I hum in acknowledgment.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Cory asks me as he sets the kettle to boil and I nod. Tea sound great right now.

"Can you get me the milk from the fridge, please?" Cory points towards the fridge and I walk over and open it. I take out the milk and place it on top of the counter next to Cory.

"Coffee." I turn around at the sound of mr Drew's voice. I smile when I see his tired, handsome face.

"Hi." I greet and he gives me a small smile. He walks up to me and pulls me into a bear hug. My inside warm as I lay my head against his chest and lay my hands on his back. Mr Drew rests his head on top of mine after placing a whisper of kiss on my head.

"Your coffee's ready." Cory says and mr Drew hums.

"Thank you, love." He says and I feel his lips quirk.

"I really don't want to go back to paper work now." Cory groans as he sits down on the stool next to the counter. Mr Drew and I pull away from each other ,and pick up our cups that Cory left on the counter for us, before joining him at the counter.

"I know love, but we need to get this shit done." Mr Drew says sympathetically and pecks Cory's temple. Cory sighs tiredly and sips his tea.

"When is Jesse going to get here?" Mr Drew asks and I shrug.

"She said she had something to do, but she would not be too late." I say and he nods. I check the time and see that it's already been 20 minutes since I got here.

We hear the elevator ding and Jesse voice echos through the apartment.

"Sorry I'm so late. Traffic was so bad and I had to go to the post office..." She pants, trying to catch her breath.

"It's okay, would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" Cory's asks but she declines.

"No thank you. I just had a huge cup of hot chocolate on my way here." She says.

"Well let's get to it." Mr Drew sighs as we all head to the lounge, where all the files are sitting.

-

4 hours later and finally , finally we found the fault we needed. Mr Drew immediately set out to fix it. He's been on the phone for almost 20 minutes now talking to the head of the finance department.

Cory, Jesse and I are all still packing away files in the lounge.

"I'm so glad that's done. I don't think I could look at anymore numbers." Jesse says.

"I'm so exhausted, I could pass out on your sofa." Jesse says and Cory lets out a tired laugh.

"Finally done." Mr Drew says as he walks into the lounge.

"Everything sorted out?" I ask him.

"Yes and no. We managed to fix the mistake Elena made but we've still got some damage control to do." He explains as he sits down between Cory and I.

"Right, we can call it a night can't we?" Jesse asks and mr Drew nods.

"I'm back." Lizzy's voice sounds and we all turn around to face her. She smiles when she sees us all and walks straight to us.

"Sorry I'm so late. Did you get my message cancelling our plans?" She asks as she sits down on the single seater adjacent to me.

I frown and look for my phone. I see it on the table next to a stack of papers. I pick it up and check it.

"Sorry Lizzy, we were so busy I actually forgot we had plans." I tell her and she shrugs.

"That's okay, not like I could of made it anyway." She smiles.

"We can hang out on Friday maybe?" I question and she nods immediately.

"Yes. We'll make a night of it. Go clubbing and everything." She says excitedly.

"No!" We all turn to look at mr Drew.

"No clubbing, you're to young Lizzy." Mr Drew says disapprovingly. Lizzy rolls her eyes.

"I'm over twenty one. I'm an adult. You have no say over what I do Spencer." Lizzy says, annoyance clear in her tone.

"Fine, then I'll come to." Mr Drew shrugs and Lizzy glares at him.

"Really? Can we go?" Cory asks eagerly.

"Yes, it's been a while since we've been clubbing? Why not do it as group." Mr Drew sends Lizzy a smug smile and I know she's going to lunge at him if he keeps pushing her buttons.

"That's fine. We can all go clubbing Friday night. Jesse want to come along?" I ask her, trying to stop the oncoming attack from my best friend on her brother.

"Sorry, I can't. I've got plans but maybe some other time." She says as she stands up.

"I'm going to head home, it's really late."

"I'll drop you off. It's on the way home." I tell her and she nods.

"Goodnight everyone." Jesse waves goodbye to everyone and I do the same and then we leave.