Chapter Forty-Three

Carson's POV

As I drive to Cory's brothers home, I make sure to drive as fast as I can. Cory looks really stressed out and even though he doesn't want me here, I still want to get him to his brother as quickly as I can.

It's another 5 minutes before we pull into the driveway of the cute Victorian home. Cory immediately jumps out. I switch the car off and wait for Spencer to get out. I should wait out here so I don't upset Cory. He wanted Spencer not to call me so I guess he didn't want me here. I wouldn't of come if I knew. I was just so worried that something had happened to one of them, I just rushed out of the house.

"Baby? Let's go." Spencer says as he opens my door.

"It's fine I'll wait here. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable." I say and he scrunches his brows in confusion.

"You won't make anyone uncomfortable baby, come on." He says as he sticks his hand out for me. I sigh and take his hand, stepping out of the car and closing the door. I lock the car and walk alongside Spencer towards the house.

Spencer opens the front door when we reach the house and we walk in. He locks the door behind us and we walk further into the house.

"Cory, love, where are you?" Spencer calls out.

"In the kitchen." He replies. Spencer leads me to the kitchen where we're met with Cory and a very tall Indian man. His shoulder length, ink black hair is tied up neatly. He has on a black pair of slacks and a pale blue dress shirt. The top button of his shirt is left open and both his sleeves are rolled up to just before his elbows. He has a strong jaw and sharp brown eyes.

"This Vikram, Danny's boss." Cory introduces the man. Spencer and him shake hands and I give him a small smile still clutching onto Spencer's hand.

"He's just telling me how Danny is." Cory says and we nod as we wait for Vikram to continue.

"His fever has come down and I gave him the medication the doctor prescribed. I've been keeping him cool with a fan and a thin blanket like the doctor said." He says and Cory nods.

"I'm going to go check on him. Thank you so so much for taking care of him. I really owe you." Cory says sincerely and the man smiles. It doesn't look like he does it often. The smile looks forced and uncomfortable on his face. But he seems genuine.

"It was really no trouble. I feel responsible for his state. We've been swamped at work lately and I didn't check on him. I know how he gets when where in work mode." He says apologetically.

"I'll go check on Jade make sure she's okay." Spencer says and Cory smiles.

"Thanks hon." Cory smiles at Spencer before Spencer leaves the kitchen. Without Spencer to hold onto I feel out of place.

"Anything I can do to help?" I ask softly.

"No sweets. You can go home. Thanks for the ride but I want to stay the night." Cory says with small smile and I frown.

"I don't mind staying." I shrug and Cory shakes his head.

"Go home sweets." Cory says as he walks towards the stairs.

"I'm sorry." I say as I turn to leave.

"What, sorry? Why are you sorry?" Cory's voice asks me.

"You didn't want me here and I still came. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. But I can see you don't need me here so I'll go." I give him small forced smile.

"Sweets no. Of course I want you here. I just didn't want to pull you away from your mum. I know it's been a while since you've seen her. I didn't want to intrude on the time you spend with her." He says as he walks up to me and I sigh in relief.

"Oh okay. But still, I want to stay. Mum was fast asleep when I got home anyway. We'll catch up tomorrow when she's rested. For now, I want to be here for you." I say as I wrap my arms around him in a tight hug.

"Thank you. It means a lot to me." He says a he leans up to peck my lips. I smile down at him and place a kiss on the top of his head.

"Let's go check on my brother." Cory says as he takes my hand and leads me back to the stairs.

"I'm going to head home, unless you still need me?" Vikram asks from behind us and I blush when I realise he witnessed our whole conversation.

"I'll take it from here. You must be exhausted as well. Go home and rest. If you want I can send you updates on Danny." Cory suggests and Vikram nods.

"Please, if you don't mind." He says as he hands his cellphone to Cory. Cory adds his number to Vikram's phone before sending himself a message and hands the phone back to Vikram.

"There I let you know if anything changes." Cory tells him and he nods in thanks.

"The medicine he needs to take is on his nightstand. He needs to take two everyday for a week." Vikram says as he starts gathering his things.

"I'll make sure he takes them and thank you again for everything. I don't know what would have happened to him if you weren't there." Cory says and Vikram nods before he heads out of the kitchen. Cory and I head upstairs and to his brothers room. The door is open and Cory leads me in.

Cory's brother's bed is placed in the middle of his room. His fast asleep and the fan is lightly blowing and his covered in a thin sheet.

Daniel and Cory have the same nose and facial structure. They don't look very much alike but you can tell they're related.

Cory rushes to the bed and I walk in behind him slowly.  He moves the fan a little bit so that he can stand next to his brother. He feels his brothers head and neck but Daniel doesn't stir.

"His fevers gone." Cory whispers as he walks back to me.

"Let's go back downstairs. I'll set up the guest room and we can sleep there tonight." He says and I agree and we head back downstairs.

When we reach the kitchen we see Spencer there, leaning against the counter, busy on his phone. He looks up when we walk in and smiles.

"How's Daniel?" He asks as he walks up to us and hugs Cory.

"Much better than I thought he would be." He says, relieved.

"I'm going to go set up the guest bedroom." Cory says, tiredness evident in his voice.

"Why don't I do it sweetheart. You look way to tired." I say and he nods, still leaning against Spencer. Cory leads us to the guest room and directs me to where the extra blankets are.

"I'm going to stay in Daniel's room. I don't think I could sleep here knowing he ain't well." Cory says and we don't argue. I grab a few pillows and a thick blanket and hand it to Cory.

"Thanks sweets." He mumbles. I place a kiss on his forehead and he smiles. He leaves the room after hugging Spencer.

"Ready for bed baby?" Spencer asks as he takes of his coat. I yawn in answer and he smiles and he pulls the duvet down so we can get in. I take my shoes of and place the next to the side table before getting into bed. Spencer's already making himself comfortable.

"We're not going to the office tomorrow." Spencer says as he turns over.

"Okay." I mumble. The last thing I feel before sleep takes me is Spencer wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me into his chest.