Chapter Four

Carson's POV

After we finish at the cafe I drive mr Drew and Cory to the Pino museum of art. It's the most exclusive art museum in town. It's privately owned and I've always wanted to visit the place but it's only opened to the public two days a week and the entrance fee is a hefty sum. I've been saving for months and I'm almost there.

I pull up into the VIP parking in the back  and park next to the entrance.

"I won't be long." Mr Drew says as I switch the car off and I nod as he gets out. Cory stays put and continues playing some game on his phone. Two minutes in and he sighs.

"Stupid game." He grumble and I chuckle.

"Fun game?" I tease as I look at him through the review mirror and he just scowls at me. We stay quiet for a while.

"Spencer loves this place." Cory says with a small smile and I smile as well.

"I heard it has beautiful pieces, I've been saving for months so I can buy a ticket." I say happily.

"I knew you liked art but I didn't realise how much." Cory says and I nod.

"Yeah. My dad loved to paint and he would show me all these pictures of famous paintings that he loved and I just fell in love with art as well. We would have our own little art shows at home. Dad and I would paint our own pieces and Jesse would want to join even thought she sucks at anything art related . We would hang our paintings all over the house and dress up in our fanciest clothes and pretend we were art buyers. It used to be so much of fun." I tell him. As I think of my dad. He was a great man.

"That's so cool. Sounds like so much of fun." He says and I nod.

"It was. It was my favourite part of the month." I say.

"Dad would of loved a place like this." I tell him.

"Why don't you just ask Spencer to let you visit." Cory says with a little shrug and I shake my head quickly.

"I can't do that Cory. It would be so inappropriate." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"No it wouldn't and I'm sure Spencer would be happy to let you." He says and I shake my head.

"No Cory. I'm not doing that and neither are you." I say. Knowing him, he would just tell mr Drew and I can't have that.

"But-.." He starts but I look at him and he sighs.

"Fine I won't say anything." He relents just as mr Drew comes out of the museum. He gets into the car and I start the car.

"Where to next sir?" I ask.

"No where else I need to be, Cory?" He asks, turning to the smaller man.

"Can we go to Lavenders I need to get Jesse something for her birthday." Cory says and I nod and drive straight to Lavenders. I completely forgot about my sisters birthday party next weekend. I didn't even get her a gift, shoot. Maybe I can get her something at Lavenders too. I'll ask mr Drew if I can tag along with them, hopefully he says yes.

As I pull into the parking lot of Lavenders I switch the car off and unbuckle my seat belt and step out of the car quickly. Mr Drew and Carson look at me curiously as I look at them nervously.

"What's wrong Carson?" Mr Drew asks.

"Hmm, can I come in too? I forgot about Jesse party next weekend and I won't have time to buy her anything next week so can I please come in. I know its wrong of me to ask but please ca-.." I start rambling but mr Drew cuts me off.

"Hey it's okay Carson, you can come in. You know you don't need to ask me permission." He says smiling gently at me and I nod and feel myself blush slightly.

We all walk into Lavenders and I walk straight to the candle section. Jesse has an unhealthy obsession with candles. Her apartment is filled with them. Which is why I don't go there to often. The scent irritate my nose. She has almost every scent and every colour candle. But she still gets so excited when anyone gets her one. I look at their selection and it's pretty good. I always get her a candle on her birthday.

"What are you getting her?" A voice asks from behind me and I jump and bump into a hard chest. I look behind me to see a smirking mr Drew and my face heats up. I quickly look away and back at the candles in front of me.

"A candle. She loves them." I tell him and he chuckles.

"This looks nice." He says as he reaches beside me and picks up a pink candle. He holds it up to his nose and sniffs.

"Smells like cherry pie." He smiles and holds its up to me to smell. I sniff and sneeze. I hate theses candles.

"I hate these things." I grumble as he puts the candle back onto the shelf. I sniff and look at all the candles on the shelf. I see one that looks like a rainbow cake I grab it and look at the name. Sprinkle cake.

"This will do." I say and turn around and right into mr Drew.

"Sorry." I mumble as I step back and he just smiles at me.

"It's alright."

"I found it! I found the perfect gift for Jesse!" Cory shouts as he comes running towards us. I smile at his happy expression as mr Drew turns around to face Cory.

"What is this perfect gift you've found?" Mr Drew asks and Cory sticks his hand out and in the palm of his hand sits a purple crystal ball and I smile.

"Jesse will love it." I say and Cory beams up at me hugging the ball to his chest.

"Let's go pay." Cory says and rushes off to the counter. Mr Drew just shakes his head fondly at the little ball of energy as he places his hand on the small of my back as we head to the counter. I blush and look away from him as we reach the counter. Cory's already in the process of paying and I pay next. Once our stuff is packed up we head back to the car.

Once we're inside the car I drive straight to mr Drew's apartment. It's not long before we reach the apartment building and I park at the front so I can drop them off.

"You want to come up and have lunch Carson?" Cory asks , once both him and mr Drew have exited the car, and I shake my head no.

"Why not? You're free for the rest of the day and don't say no because I booked you for the whole day and we've got no where else to go." Cory says in a matter of fact voice and I sigh.

"Is it really that bad to have lunch with us?" He asks sadly and my eyes widen.

"No , no , no , I didn't mean it like that Cory. It's just I feel like I'm intruding on your time with mr Drew and I don't think mr Drew wants me there when he's enjoying lunch with his boyfriend." I say.

"Spencer doesn't mind Carson. I promise." He says and mr Drew walks up to the car.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing. I was just asking Carson to join us for lunch." Cory says with a big smile.

"That's a wonderful idea, love. So Carson will you join us?"