Chapter Two

Carson's POV

At the end of the day, when it's time to fetch mr Drew, I wait in the parking lot for him like usual. It takes about 20 minutes before Cory and mr Drew exit the elevator and head towards me. I smile at the both of them as I open the back door so they can get in.

Cory takes the bus in the morning since it's closer for him but mr Drew doesn't like Cory going home with the bus late at night so,he travels with us.

I get into the car and quickly put on my seatbelt before I pull out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"Cory told me you will be joining us tonight." Mr Drew says and I quickly shake my head. They both look at me confused. After Cory left this morning I figured out that I'll still be on duty so I can't hang out with them.

"Why not?" Cory asks and I can hear the pout in his voice.

"I'll still be on duty so I can't hang out. But I will drive you guys to the restaurant and back." I explain.

"Since you're driving us there anyway you can just come in with us." Mr Drew states as I stop in front of his apartment building. I turn around to protest but the glare he sends my way shuts me up.

"Let's go." He says as he opens the back door both he and Cory get out. He closes the back door and I sit and wait.

"Carson!?" Mr Drew calls and I quickly look at him through my window.

"Yes sir?" I ask.

"Let's go." He says and I look at him confused.

"Go where sir?" I ask him and he sighs.

"Carson, get out of the car and let's go upstairs." He says and I know not to argue because he looks very frustrated at the moment. So, I switch off the car and grab the keys before jumping out and locking the car. We head inside and straight to the elevator. The elevator dings open and we walk in and Cory presses the button for the pent house.

I haven't been to mr Drew's apartment too many times. I think I've been up there maybe twice.

The elevator dings open and we walk straight into the foyer of the pent house. Cory drops his bag on the side table before flopping down onto the sofa. I stand quietly in the corner next to the coffee table as they go about their business.

"Carson what are you doing? Come sit down." Cory says as he pats the sofa. I just look at mr Drew ,silently asking for permission. It is his house after all. He just sighs and nods. I walk over to the single seater and sit down at the edge. 

"Cory, love, are you going to shower before we leave?" Mr Drew asks and Cory groans.

"I'm to lazy to shower. I had a bath this morning." He says and I smile at his cuteness as mr Drew chuckles.

"That's fine but I'm going to shower, but I won't take too long." He says as he kisses Cory's head. He smiles at me and heads upstairs.

Cory and I sit in silence for a while and I check twice to see if he hasn't fallen asleep. He just smiles at me and laughs. Not even 20 minutes later mr Drew comes down freshly showered and looking like a cover module. I quickly look anywhere but at him so my face won't heat up.

"Right let's go." He says happily and we all head back down to the car. Once we're inside the car, I head to the restaurant. It's a cute little Italian place but it's full of high end people. You need to book weeks in advance just to get a table . Once we arrive, I stop in front of the entrance so that Cory and mr Drew can head in.

"Park the car and come inside. Tell them you're under the reservation Drew okay." He says and I nod.  They smile and head in. It takes me a minute to find a parking spot since they're so busy but I eventually find one in the corner, under a big tree.  I switch the car off and look at myself in the review mirror. I remove my cap and straighten out my hair so that I look presentable. I set my cap down on the passenger seat before getting out. I straighten out my uniform which is just a pair of black slacks, a white shirt and a black blazer with the company's logo on the left breast pocket.