Chapter Sixty-Seven

Carson POV

"Charlie's back." Spencer says and Lizzy pales.

No one speaks. We all just wait for Lizzy. Her mum is hugging her close, trying to stop the tears falling down her own face but Lizzy is frozen. She doesn't move. Doesn't cry. Just sits still.

"Lizzy?" I whisper out and her eyes snap up to me.

"I'm fine." She says, shakily, as she stands up.

"I'm okay." She repeats as she paces slightly.

"It's okay if you're not honey." Her mum whispers out.

"Lizzy-." Spencer begins to say but she cuts him off.

"I'm okay! I'm done with this conversation. I don't want to talk about it." She says as she sits down again.

"Okay, we won't talk about it." Spencer says. We're all quiet as Lizzy makes herself a cup of tea.

Spencer stands up, heading to the kitchen. Cory and I follow behind him.

"She's getting a bodyguard." He says as we enter the kitchen.

"Spencer, darling. You have to talk to her about that." I say soothingly.

"She'll say no." He whispers, angrily.

"Then that's her choice." Cory says as we both walk up closer to him.

"What if he tries to approach her. He already said he wants to speak to her." He rubs his head tiredly.

"Talk to her about it. That's all you can do." Cory suggests and Spencer nods.

We all head back into the lounge and everyone's quiet. The clinking of spoons against mugs and the crinkling of the biscuit packets is all that can be heard.

"I'm getting you a bodyguard." Spencer breaks the silence and Lizzy looks up at him.

"Okay." She says and I see relief feel Spencer's body.

She must really be scared if she agreed to let Spencer get her a bodyguard. Lizzy is very independent.

"Can I stay here again?" Lizzy asks and Spencer immediately agrees.

"Of course you can, you don't need to ask." He says and Lizzy nods in thanks.

"I want to help pick my bodyguard. If I'm going to be spending time with this person I want to know who they are." She says and Spencer nods.

"Anything you want."

"We'll head home and bring you your stuff." Their dad says and Lizzy nods.

"Why don't we have dinner together when you come back. I'll cook." I say and they agree.

They both leave and Lizzy heads to her old room.

"I'll start preparing dinner." I say as I stand up and Cory follows.

"I'll help." He says and I smile and pull him to my side.

"I'm going to call Jackson and see if his agency has any good bodyguards to spare. Maybe u should get her two. Like a nighttime one and a day time one so they are always alert." Spencer says already tapping away on his cellphone. We don't say anything, leaning him to look for bodyguards.

"Jackson?" I ask Cory as we head to the kitchen.

"Yeah, his an old army buddy of Morris'. He has his own bodyguard agency. Spencer uses them when we have high profile customers." Cory explained as we take out everything to make supper.

I decide to make a roast chicken, with roast veggies, gravy, mash and some garlic buns.

"Jackson says he can meet with me tomorrow to find a good bodyguard for Lizzy." Spencer says as he walks into the kitchen.