Chapter Nineteen

Spencer's POV

"Huh!?" Carson confused and shocked voice sounds in my ear and I mentally curse. Fuck! How could I let that slip. I look up and both Lizzy and Cory are staring at me. Lizzy in unadulterated joy and Cory in panic.

"I- uh..." I trail off , trying to figure out a way to cover my ass.

"Hang up!" Cory hisses and I do. I cut the call and feel like an ass but what else could I do. Confess my feelings to him and ask him to be in a three way relationship with me and my boyfriend. HR would have a massive headache not mention the field day the press would have.

"What did you just do!?" Cory shouts, panicked and I groan.

"It just slipped out." I explain and Cory looks like he's about to cry.

"This is a good thing." Lizzy says and I look at her like she's crazy. She found out about Cory and my feelings the day we came back from the airport. She promised not to tell Carson but she was weirdly excited about it.

"How the fuck is this a good thing? I just called Carson baby. How the hell am I supposed cover that up?" I ask.

"I'm genuinely asking how to cover this the fuck up." I say and she shakes her head. Cory is now leaning against the wall bitting his bottom lip. I walk up to him and pull him into my arms. I kiss his head and he lays his head on my chest.

"What are we going to do now? What if he never wants to see us again? What if he thinks we're freaks?!" Cory starts spiralling and I hold his face in my hands to stop him.

"It's going to be okay. I'm going to fix this. We will all be fine and he will still be with us." I reassure him and he nods and sighs.

"I need to tell you something." Lizzy blurts out and we both look at her. The look on her face concerns me and it may be an inopportune time for her to be getting something off her chest but I'll still listen. She's my sister, I'll always make time for her. Even if my worlds crumbling around me, I'll still listen to her.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask. She sucks her bottom lip into her mouth as she looks at us.

"I can't tell you!" She cries out as she drags her hands down her face.

"Elizabeth you can tell me anything." I try to reassure her but she shakes her head.

"I want to but I can't. It's not my secret to tell. But lord would it be so much easier if I could." She drops her head.

"You two need to come clean to Carson." She says  suddenly and I shake my head.

"No, we can't. We've been trying to ease him into the idea of being in a relationship with us. We can't just shove everything at him at once." Cory says and she sighs.

"You guys have been trying for almost three years." She says exasperatedly.

"Well most of that time was me coming to grips with the idea that I wanted a relationship that involved more than one person." I huff out.

"I'm sorry, I know this wasn't easy for either of you but trust me Carson won't think you're crazy or freaks. This could be the push that finally brings you three together." She says pleadingly and I look down at Cory.

"You really believe that something good could come out of this?" Cory questions and she nods.

"I don't think, I know." She says confidently.

"Okay, let's do it." Cory turns to me waiting for a response and I nod.

"Okay. We're doing this."

"How are we doing this?" I ask, looking at my sister who giggles.

"First you're going to call Carson back and apologise for hanging up on him." She says and I nod as I pull away from Cory.

"Yeah, I can do that." I say, letting out a nervous breath.

"Then you're going ask him to meet you and Cory here tomorrow morning for breakfast. You can be late to the office, this is more important." She continues and I just nod along.

"You're going to tell him it's important that you speak about what you called him and what it implies."  She gives me an encouraging smile and I look down at my phone screen. I take in a deep breath and Cory squeezes my arm in support before I press the call button. I take some calming breaths as I wait for him to pick up.

"Hello." Carson sweet voice sounds and I smile.

"Hi baby." I say dopeyly and I hear him take in a sharp breath.

"I'm sorry for hanging up on you earlier. I just needed to sort a few things out." I tell him and he lets out a shaky hum.

"It's okay sir." He whispers and I sigh.

"Carson tomorrow morning when you get here come up to the penthouse. We need to talk about things and what they mean." I say.

"Y-You mean what you just called me?" He questions and I can imagine his pretty face turning red.

"Yes the that."

"I-Okay." He agrees and I smile.

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow baby." I smirk when I hear him gasp. He says goodbye and hangs up.

"He agreed?" Cory asks and I nod happily.

"He agreed." I say and Cory beams at me before jumping into my arms.

"I can't believe it!" He squeals as I spin him around in my arms.

"This could really work out." He says with so much hope and I nod.

"It really could."

"Remember, be calm tomorrow and don't come on to strong." Lizzy says with a pointed look.

"I'll try. I promise." I say and she nods.

"Be careful please. Carson's my best friend and he's the sweets person I know. Please don't hurt him. Because brother or not I will hurt you." She says with a big smile that kind of scares me.

"Hey why are only warning me?! What about Cory." I huff.

"What about me?" Cory asks in mock offence.

"Nothing. I just find it unfair that I'm the only one being warned and threaten with bodily harm."

"Or death, depends on how I feel." Lizzy shrugs and I glare at her.