Chapter Fifty-Four

Spencer's POV

After I cried my eyes out my parents dragged me out of the hospital. I didn't want to leave but everyone was heading home since we aren't allowed to camp out at reception the entire night.

My dad drove my car and Lizzy drove my mums car back to my place. I didn't want to go in and not have them there. I couldn't. My father pulled into the parking garage and I just sat there. Lizzy pulled in next to us and her and mum got out of the car.  My door is opened but I can't get my body to move.

"I can't." I shook my head as I looked at the building's entrance.

"I can't go in there and not have them with me." The tears start building as my eyes burn.

"That's okay honey. You can stay at home with us."  My mother rubs my shoulder, comfortingly, and I sigh in relief.

"I'll run up and pack you some clothes." Lizzy says and I give her a grateful smile as she heads into the building.

"He'll be okay honey." My mum says and I don't respond. They can't know what's going to happen.

Lizzy comes back with a bag in her hand and we head to my parent's house.

The drive isn't long and we pull into my parent's parking garage not long after. We get out and dad unlocks the door so we can all head in. The house feels warm when I step in and I feel slightly better.

"Why don't you shower honey, and I'll make you something light to eat." My mother says and I nod and walk towards one of the guest rooms.

My body feels heavy and I can't feel anything but pain and anguish. My sweet Carson doesn't deserve this. Neither of them do. At least Cory will be okay. I'll get to see his big beautiful eyes stare at me again. The doctor said he'll wake up but Carson. He might die tonight. At that thought my body turns ice cold. I can feel myself start to tremble.

"Spencer ?!" I hear Lizzy's worried voice call. I look up and she walks in. She hugs me tightly and I try to hold the tears back. I've cried enough tonight. I can't do it again. Lizzy pulls back from my trembling form.

"They'll be okay." She whispers.

"You don't know that!" I shout as I step away from her. Why do they keep saying that!

"You don't know what's going to happen! So stop fucking saying they'll be okay!" I continue and Lizzy gives me a sympathetic smile.

"You're right I don't know what's gonna happen with them but I have hope that they will be okay. That I'll see my friend's smiling face again." She says as tears drip from her eyes.

"I'm sorry Lizzy. I didn't mean to..." I sigh out but she shakes her head and gives me another hug.

"You don't have to apologise Spence. I understand your emotions are high right now but you're not the only one who's scared and hurting. Please just try and think positive. It's all we can really do right now." She tells me as she pulls away from me. I nod as she leaves the room while I have a quick shower. Mum brings up my food once I'm done changing and it is my favourite sandwich from when I was a kid. Ham and cheese. I eat the sandwiches and it's only when the foods in my mouth do I realise how hungry I am.

Once I'm done eating I head to the kitchen to wash plate. I put it away after rinsing it and get into bed.

Sleep eludes me. I can't fall asleep. If I do all I can think about is them. Carson not waking up. Cory battered and bruised. I'm not going to get much sleep tonight but that was a given.