Chapter Fifty-Nine

Cory's POV

After texting with Carson for a while, Daniel and Jade showed up. We had lunch together and then headed out to see Carson. We were at the hospital til the end of visiting hours. After that we went to the park since, I didn't want to go back home and Jade needed some fun time as well.

We stayed at the park for about two hours before we headed back home. That's were we are now. Jade is fast asleep in the guest room, she tired herself out at the park and fell asleep on the way home. Daniel's in the kitchen, cooking supper, and I'm watching some show that I'm not even paying attention to.

"I'm home." Spencer calls as he walks in. I turn my head slightly so that I can see him. He smiles and walks over to me, dumping his brief case and coat on the side table. He kisses me and then takes a seat next to me on the sofa. I snuggle into his side as he wraps his arm around me.

Despite him smothering me these last couples of days, I really missed him today.

"Hey, love, how was your day?" He asks as he kisses my forehead.

"It's was good, after visiting Carson, we went to the park. It was nice being out for a while." I say and he hums.

"And you? Got any work done?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. I finished most of the backlog I had and Jesse, thank god for her, helped me. So we got a lot squared away today." He tells me.

"I'm glad. You going to visit Carson tonight?" I ask and he nods.

"You coming as well?" He asks and I shake my head.

"You know what the medication does to me. That's why I go during the day." I say. The meds I'm on make me super drowsy. So, I can't really go anywhere once I take them and I have to take them at 8, same time as visiting hours at the hospital.

"I know love. Well I will visit tonight but I'll be home before Daniel has to leave." He says as said man walks into the lounge.

"Oh I was thinking I could stay over. Since I took the week off to help Cory." Daniel's says and Spencer immediately agrees and I roll my eyes. 

"That's would be amazing, I won't have to worry about leaving him alone in the mornings. Thank you so much Daniel." Spencer says excitedly as he hugs me closer to him.

"It's my pleasure. He's my brother, I want to take care of him." He says and then looks at me. He gives me a small smile and I smile back.

"Jade won't mind being away from home so long?" Spencer asks and Daniel's shakes his head.

"No, she's very adaptable. As long as there's food, a tv and a bed she's good. Plus, Vikram offered to cart us around tomorrow and Friday, since he's on leave as well." Daniel says as his cheeks tint pink. I smirk up at my big brother who glares at me.

"Danny has a cruuuuuuushhhh!" I sing and he glares at me.

"I do not!" He hisses out, trying to shush me.

"It's okay to have a crush Daniel, maybe it will work out, you never know." I say and he sighs as he sits down.

"I'm going to go shower and change, I need to leave for the hospital soon." Spencer whispers to me and I nod as he stands and heads upstairs.

I look at my brother with a big smile and rolls his eyes at me.

"No." He says.

"I didn't even say anything!" I pout.

"I know you Cory, you're coming up with some elaborate scheme that's going to epically fail." He's says and I huff.

"He's my boss Cory, I'm not going to push or even try to actually act on these feelings. It's just a silly little crush, I'm sure it will pass soon." He tells me and I don't push cause I can see him struggling with this a bit. Daniel's bisexual, but he's never been in a relationship with a man. Sure he messed around with a few guys but never long term.

He's always been in love with his wife. They were high school sweethearts and even though they broke up after high school, Daniel still loved her. After college, when he came home they reconnected and were married the next year.

After she passed Daniel's world imploded. He was a shell of his former self, it's only recently he's been acting like old himself again.

"Well if you ever want to really talk about it, I'm here." I say and he nods.

"I know."