Chapter Fifty-Two

Spencer's POV

It's 10pm and I'm still in my office. To many new bids and projects.

My phone rings and I see Cory's name flash across the screen. I smile, knowing he wants to know when I'll be home. I pick up my phone and answer.

"Hey, love." I greet but the voice that answers isn't Cory.

"Hi, sir. This is Anna friar. I'm a paramedic. Cory has been in an accident and we're currently transporting him and the driver to Edith memorial hospital." The paramedic says and my entire body turns cold.

"Hello?" She calls again and I force myself to speak.

"I'm on my way." I croak out and she hangs up. The call blanks and I stand up. Cory and Carson. I grab my coat and keys. Before I sprint out of the office. I don't even notice the roads I'm just working off muscle memory as I pull into the hospital parking lot. I park the car haphazardly and rush out and straight to the trauma area.

I run up straight to the front desk. There's a nurse there, busy on her computer. She looks up, startled, when I get there.

"Cory, Carson. I need to see them. Please I need to see them now!" I can hear the panic in my voice and the nurse stands up and walks around the counter. My chest is tight and my breaths are quick and constricted.

"Okay sir, I need you to breath with me." She holds both my hands and squeezes. I follow her breathing and the pressure in my chest eases. She leads me over to the chairs in the waiting area and helps me sit.

"Feeling better?" She asks and I nod.

"Okay. Who are you looking for?" She asks me and I give her Cory and Carson's names.

"Okay, I'm going to check on that. You sit here and keep your breathing even. I'll let you know as soon as I know something." She says and I nod as she leaves.

Minutes go by but they feel like hours. The sliding doors to the hospital open and I see a frantic Jesse walk in, with an older lady, their mother.

She looks around and when she spots me she rushes over.

"Sir, what's going on? I got a call saying Carson was in an accident. They didn't tell me what happened or if he's okay." She rambles and I place a calming hand on her shoulder.  Although, calm is anything but how I feel.

"I talked to a nurse and she's checking for me. But we have to wait for now." I try to reassure her. Carson's mother gives me a shaky smile as she sits down.

Before we can continue the doors slide open again and in walks Daniel with a sleepy Jade in her arms. Daniel's eyes lock on mine and the tears fall. He walks over , trying not wake Jade.

"Is he okay? Tell me he's okay!" He pleads softly and I give him a sad smile. I'm trying to be strong but It falls apart apart and I feel god damn awful when I can't tell him anything. Frustration takes over but I try to remain calm.

"We don't know anything yet. But someone is checking for us." I say and Daniel nods. He sits down and holds Jade tightly.

We sit, in agonising silence, waiting for any news. My worry and fear is now at an all time high and my anger is getting up there.

"This is fucking ridiculous!" I shout. I stand up and stalk my way over to the reception desk. No ones there. I ring the bell incessantly. A nurse comes out from the back, not the one who helped me earlier.

"Can I help you?" She asks flatly.

"Yes you can. I've been sitting here for fucking hours and I haven't been told a thing about  what's going on. I was told someone would tell me something, fucking anything but I've gotten nothing." I shout.

"I'll need a name sir and your relationship to the patient." She says as she sits down. I rattle of their names.

"I'm their boyfriend." I say and she looks up at me skeptically.

"Both of them."  She asks and I sneer down at her. She clears her throat and looks down at the computer screen.

"I'm sorry, I can't give any information on either patient. You're not family or a legal spouse." She says. I'm about two minutes away from jumping over and strangling her when Jesse and Daniel walk up and Jesse speaks.

"I'm Carson's sister." She says.

"And I'm Cory's brother." Daniel's says, she nods and looks up them both on the computer.

"I'm sorry there's no information available at the moment." She says.

"Okay thank you." Jesse says as she pulls me away.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

So this isn't edited but I'm posting it one day early because I will forget tomorrow since I'm going to be busy.

Happy new year to you all my lovely people.
Thank you all for your support on this book through out this whole year. I love you all so much and hope you guys have a blessed and happy new year.

See you guys next year.

❤️✨💋🎆🎉