Chapter Fifty-Seven

*NOT EDITED *

Cory's POV

"The memory loss is due to the swelling. It's one of the side effects. But as it goes down his memory should return completely." The doctor explains.

"Are you certain?" I sniff as Spencer comforts me.

"It's a very likely possibility and it happens all the time. Carson's memory will return." The doctor reassured us.

"Go in and speak to him. Tell him about your relationship how it happened any small details or happy memories you've shared. It does help." The doctor advises and we nod and we all walk back into Carson's room.

He looks up when we enter and smiles shyly at us. He tries to sit up and winces. Jesse helps adjust his bed so that he can sit up comfortably.

"Hi." He whispers, cheeks tinted pink. I smile at him.

"I'll give you guys a minute." Jesse says and gets up. She leaves the room and now it's just three of us.

"So, um we're together?" Carson just blurts out and I giggle at his shocked face.

"Yeah baby, we are." Spencer smiles down at him as he takes his hand cautiously. Carson intertwines their hands and smiles brightly.

"This is great. I hope it's not a dream." Carson whispers as he moves Spencer's hand into his lap.

"So does everyone know? I mean about our relationship?" Carson questions.

"Well, all the important people in our lives know." I say and he nods.

"And at work?" Carson asks, curiously and I shake my head.

"No sweets, you didn't want anyone to know." I say.

"Have we been on any dates?" He asks and Spencer nods and kisses his hand.

"Yes, we went horse back riding and stayed in a ranch." Spencer says.

Carson smiles at us at we tell him about all the things we did on our first dates and all the movie nights we've had and all the fun things we've done. He smiles and laughs, it warms my heart.

"That's all sounds so amazing, I wish I could remember it though." He sighs sadly and immediately shake my head.

"Hey, the doctor said it will all come, so don't stress yourself out about it. You will remember, but it doesn't mean we can make new memories while you wait for your old ones to come back." I tell him, hoping it makes him feel better and he smiles at me.

"Yeah, making some new memories sounds great." He says happily.

"More importantly how are you feeling?" Spencer asks as he gently cups Carson's cheek and Carson leans into it contentedly.

"Sore. But looking at my body I should feel worse but I don't. Guess the drugs really do work wonders." He jokes and I roll my wheelchair as close as I can to Carson's bed.
I place my good hand on his leg and smile at him.

"I'm just so so glad you're alive. I don't want to ever go through that again." Spencer sighs as he  gently kisses Carson hand again.

"Can I ask you both a favour?" Carson asks, nervously and we both nod immediately.

"Of course baby anything." Spencer says.

"Can you um, can you stay with me tonight? It's just I don't want to be alone and I know it's a lot to ask so you can say no. If you can't it's fine I'll ask Jesse but I would really like you two to stay." He says softly, his voice still horse. He coughs after that and Spencer hands him a glass of water. He sips it slowly until he's had enough and then hands it back to Spencer.

"Thanks." He whispers. Spencer kisses his cheek in response and Carson's pale cheeks pinken slightly.

"Of course we'll stay with you sweets. I'll ask the doctor and nurse if I can stay here tonight. I'll be very persuasive." I promise and Carson chuckles.

"Thanks." He yawns as he lays his head down.

"Sleep baby, we'll be here when you wake up."  Spencer says and he hums as he slowly falls asleep. Once he's fast asleep Jesse walks back into the room.

"Hi, how'd the talk go?" She asks as she sit on the other side of Carson's bed.

"Great. He took everything great. He seemed very happy as well." I say and she smiles sweetly as she looks at her sleeping brother.

"I'm glad. He's been so happy these last few months and now that I know it's because of you, I don't want him to lose you guys. I haven't seen that's happy since before my dad passed away." She explains as she adjusts Carson's blanket.

"He makes us even happier. Without him we're incomplete. We love each other, don't get me wrong but, he just makes us better." I say sappily as I gently rub Carson's thigh.

"His half my heart." Spencer whispers as he looks at Carson.

"I'm the other half." I say with a big smile and Spencer chuckles and Jesse giggles.

"Yeah you are. My heart lives out of my chest and I can't loose either piece." Spencer whispers.

"I love him." Spencer says and Jesse looks like she's about burst into tears.

"We love him so much Jesse, it's inexplainable."