Chapter Forty- Seven

Carson's POV

The cafe is pretty empty since we got to work late. The only person there is a young server, Milly must not be working today. She smiles when she sees us.

"Good morning, table for three or are we doing take ways?" She asks us.

"Table for three." Spencer answers before I can.

"Spence are you sure? You're already late because of me I don't want to take up more of your morning, I know how busy you are." I say as we follow the server to a table.

"I'm sure." He simply states before pulling out chairs for Cory and I.

"Thanks." Cory says sweetly, kissing Spencer's cheek.

"You're welcome, love." Spencer says as he takes his seat.

"Thank you." I say and Spencer smiles at me.

"My pleasure baby." He says and my face warms as I look around the empty cafe.

"My names Cara, I'll be your waitress today. Here are your menus. Can I get you guys started with drinks or do you want a few minutes?" She ask us.

"Um, can I have a black coffee, one sugar please." Spencer says and she nods, writing down his order. Cory orders a hot chocolate and I order the same. Cold day, warm drink. She takes our order and then leaves.

I don't open the menu already knowing what I'm ordering.

"The usual?" Cory asks, not even looking from his menu. I chuckle and hum.

"Yep." I say, popping the p. Spencer looks up from his menu and at me.

"What's the usual?" He asks.

"It's their farm style breakfast. Two eggs, sunny side up, four rashes of crispy bacon, two slices of white toast, two pork sausages and mushrooms." I say, almost drooling.

"I think I'll have the same." Spencer says closing his menu.

"I'm having waffles." Cory announces happily and I smile and unconsciously lean over and kiss his temple. He beams up at me when I pull back and I smile.

"I want kisses too." Spencer pouts, childishly, and I laugh. I lean over, towards him, since we're really close, and kiss his cheek.

"Good?" I ask and I can see how he's trying not to smile.

"For now." He huffs and I chuckle. He smiles at me and quickly kisses my temple like I did to Cory.

"Are you guys ready to order?" Cara asks and we nod. We place our order and she tells us it will take 15 to 20 minutes to get ready before she leaves.

"Oh I almost forgot, Lizzy called and asked me to ask you if you could make brownies for Thursday." Spencer says and I nod.

"Sure, why didn't she call me?" I ask confused.

"We were already on a call, so she told me. Spencer shrugs.

A few minutes later our food arrives and we dig in. After breakfast we go our separate ways. Jesse is on leave today and tomorrow so I do miss seeing her at the front desk. I head to the security room, like always, and spend the day there.

Spencer has a lunch meeting today so we can't have lunch together like we normally do, so I had lunch on my own today. By 9 pm I'm packed up and ready to go. I meet Spencer and Cory at the elevator and the we head down to the parking lot. I drop Cory and Spencer off at home and after a lot of puppy dog eyes from Cory and pouts from Spencer, to get me to stay the night, I head home.

I open the front door and I'm shocked to see my mother still awake.

"Hey mum, you okay? Why are up so late?" I ask worriedly as I close the front door and walk into the lounge.

"I'm fine honey, just couldn't sleep. Thought I'd wait in here for you." She says and I sigh in relief.

"Did you have dinner?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"I kept you a plate, it's in the microwave." I smile and thank her. She does this every night. I'm usually too tired to eat and end up taking the food for lunch the next day.

After I have supper I head up to my room to shower and change. Mum is still in the lounge when I come out half an hour later.

"Mum are you sure you're okay?" I ask, as I sit down next to her.

"I am honey, but I wanted to know if you're free this weekend." She asks and I nod. I have no plans this weekend.

"I am. Why what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing. I just want to have dinner with you and Jesse. I missed it while I was away and you two have been busy since I've come back." She says and I look away guiltily. I've been spending a lot of my time with Cory and Spencer so, I haven't really seen mum a lot.

"Well I'm free Saturday and I'm sure Jesse is as well. We can have dinner together." I say and she smiles at me.

"Thanks honey. I think I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you in the morning." She gives me a gentle hug before standing up.

"Good night mum." She smiles at me once last time before disappearing into her bedroom.

I still feel like somethings wrong with mum but I don't want to push her. Maybe she'll tell us at dinner this weekend.

I head up to my room and call it a night. I smile at the goodnight texts from Cory and Spencer. The images attached are so adorable and I make sure to save them to my gallery.

I send them goodnight texts before flopping on to  my messy bed and passing out.