Chapter Sixty-One

Carson POV

After I hang up with Cory, I text Spencer, letting him know I'm being discharged today. I don't want to call in case he's in a meeting or busy on a call.

"Okay, Carson, you ready?" The doctor asks me and I nod as he walks up to my bed. He places his clipboard down on the side table before removing the stethoscope from his neck. He uses it to listen to my heart and then my lungs, making sure I have clear breath sound.

I'm then made to stand and he checks my arm that's still in a cast. He takes it out of the sling and asks me to move it around, asking if I feel any pain or discomfort and I say no. He checks my healing collar bone as well. It takes 6 to 12 weeks for a broken collar bone to heal and it's only been almost 4 weeks so it is still really painful but the pain meds help a lot.

He checks my torso as well, since I did break a rib. There is still bruising and it's very tender but other than that if feels perfectly fine. The meds help so much and thank god for it.

"Well, you look well and your healing is going on nicely so I guess you're ready to head home." The doctor say as he picks his clipboard back up and writes a few things down as I excitedly thank him.

"I'll send a nurse in with the prescription for your meds and a sheet on when and how to take them but your nurse will explain everything to you." He says and I nod.

"She'll also schedule an appointment for you to come back in two weeks, so I can check your healing progress as well as see what medication I can stop or reduce." He explains.

"You'll be discharged by 2pm, if you have made prior arrangements for pick up, great, but if you haven't the hospital shuttle can take you home." He tells me and I smile at him.

"My sister's coming to fetch me ." I tell him and he nods.

"Wonderful, then I'll see you in two weeks time Carson." He nods before leaving.

I text Jesse what time I'm being discharged and she sends me a thumbs up.

A nurse comes in to help me to the shower and to change into a fresh pair of Pjs. I've been living in my pyjamas the past few weeks.

Just as I'm done changing, someone knocks on the door to my room. I look up and smile when I see Spencer and Cory.

"Hii!" I greet happily as I speed walk towards them. Spencer hugs me as soon as I walk up to him. He kisses the top of my head and then lets me go so that I can hug Cory. It's really awkward for us to hug since, he's on crutches and my arms in a sling but we manage and I peck his pout lips since we can't hug properly.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as we walk further into the room. Spencer helps Cory sit before walking up to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. He leads me to the bed and makes me sit down.

"I'll finish packing for you baby." He smiles as he continues to pack my stuff.

"We're here to pick you up." Cory tells me happily and I smile.

"I should tell Jesse not to come then." I say, reaching for my cellphone.

"She knows sweets." Cory's lets me know.

"She was in my office when you told her you were coming home. So I asked her if I could tag along and she said that Cory and I could come fetch you. She and your mum will come over tonight to see you though." Spencer tells me as he zips my hospital bag.

"So, you're taking me to the pent house?" I ask and Spencer stops.

"Yeah I just thought-... if you don't want to that's fine, we'll take you to your mums house." Spencer says nervously and I shake my head.

"No, no. I want to go to the pent house. It feels more like home." I whisper and Cory squeals excitedly.

"Give me a hug. I can't hobble with this leg." He pouts as he hold his arms open. I chuckle as I walk to him and hug him awkwardly again.

"I'm so happy that our home feels like your home cause I want it to be your home." Cory whispers to me and I kiss his temple.