Chapter Seventeen

Carson's POV

"Until I move where?" I ask, confused.

"Uh w-what I mean is um.." Cory tries to explain. He's so nervous that his entire face turns red. It actually worries me.

"Hey, it's okay." I rush out and he looks up at me. Mr Drew is busy whisper arguing with Lizzy who has a shit eating grin plastered on her face as she bounces on the balls of her feet.

"I'll stay in the downstairs bedroom, I don't mind." Lizzy says happily as she looks up at mr Drew. She beams at me before walking down the hallway to the guest bedroom.

I choose to ignore the whole slip up Cory had since it makes him so nervous. I'm curious but I won't push if it makes Cory and mr Drew uncomfortable.

"It's past lunch, why don't I order something." Cory says and before anyone can speak he rushes off.

"I'm going to go help Elizabeth unpack." I say and mr Drew nods as we go our separate ways.
When I get to Lizzy's room, I walk straight in. She's busy putting her clothes into the cupboard.

"Hey." I say and she smiles at me.

"Hey."

"You need any help?" I ask her as I walk towards the bed and sit down, next to her suitcase.

"Nah I'm good." She say as she continues packing away her stuff.

"What where you and mr Drew arguing about before?" I ask and she freezes.

"Nothing!" She says way to quickly as she walks into the bathroom.

"Really? You looked creepily happy during that whole argument." I continue and she doesn't answer.

"Lizzy!" I call and she walks out of the bathroom.

"I want to tell you Carson, I seriously do but I can't. It's not my place." She sighs as she sits down next to me.

"Oh okay. It's fine." I shrug and she nods.

"But what I can say, is that what I found out is good news." She says and pats my thigh.

"Okay. If you say so."

"Anyway back to our previous conversation. How to get you into a three way relationship with my brother and Cory?" She stands up and I groan and fall back onto the bed.

"Lizzy, for the last time it's not going to happen and I don't need you pushing this okay? I've made peace with it and I'm happy." I tell  her and she looks at me skeptically.

"Happy? Carson I know you and this..." She points at me as she says that.

"Isn't happy. You're just coping and that's no way to live. Maybe if you tried something good could happen." She encourages me but I shake my head .

"No Lizzy. I may not be ecstatic about it but I've made progress. I'm just trying to get over them. Maybe I can find someone, who will actually want to be with me and maybe then I can be the happy you're talking about." I explain and she sighs as she plops back down beside me.

"I still think if you tried good things would come out of it but I'm not going to push you. I'm going to let fate take care of it." She says and I laugh.

"Thanks Lizzy." I wrap my arm around her shoulder and hug her. She leans her head on my shoulder  and I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you Carson and I'll always be here for you." She whispers and I smile.

"I love you too. You're my best friend so you're stuck with me forever." I joke and she laughs.

The bedroom door opens and Cory walks in. I smile at him and he gives me a small one back.

"I ordered lunch and it just got here. So, if you're done here we can all eat together." He says and I look down at Lizzy. She nods and we both stand up before following Cory out of the bedroom and to the dinning room.  Just before I can sit down my phone rings. Jesse's name flashes across the screen and I answer.

"Hey Jesse what's up?" I greet.

"Argggg." She groans and I stifle my laugh. She's so hung over.

"Can I come over? I'm hung over, nauseous and hungry at the same time but I don't think I have the energy to cook." She complains.

"I'm not at home Jesse. But I'll leave now and come get you. We can get something on the way home." I say and she agrees.

"Why don't you bring her here?" Mr Drew says and I pause. I tell Jesse to hold on and pull the phone away from my ear.

"I can't do that sir." I say.

"It's okay plus we have a lot of food and she can just eat here. Also, didn't you want to spend the day with Lizzy." Mr Drew says and I look at Lizzy who shrugs.

"It's fine we can spend tomorrow to-ouch!" She hisses and glares at mr Drew.

"Why'd you kick me!" She shouts. He looks at her and they have a silent conversation before Lizzy smiles.

"You know what, I just remembered I'm going over to see my parents tomorrow so, I won't be able to hang out." She says.

"Okay. Hmm I'll ask Jesse then." I say and put the phone back to my ear.

"Jesse? You still there?" I ask.

"Yep still here? What took so long?" She asks.

"Sorry. Mr Drew said I should bring you here to his place since Lizzy's here and I won't be able to hang out with her tomorrow." I explain

"Mr Drew's house?" She questions and I hum.

"I don't know, won't that be a little awkward since he's my boss and everything." She says nervously.

"He's my boss too and I'm here. Plus Cory's here. So it won't be that weird." I tell her

"I don't know Sonny." She says nervously.

"There's food."

"I'll be ready in 15." She says before hanging up.

"Okay she's going to come. I'll leave now. Be back in like 20 minutes. You guys can start without me." I say gesturing to all the food laid out on the table.

"No we'll wait for you sweets." Cory says and I smile at him.

"You don't have to I-." I start but mr Drew cuts me off by standing up.

"We will wait for you Carson. It's no trouble. I'd like us to all eat together." He smiles and I blush but nod before leaving.