Chapter Forty-Nine

Carson's POV

Meira leaves in a huff. I let go of Lizzy as the front door slams shut. Oliver sighs as he turns to face us.

" I'm so sorry about her." He apologises as he looks down.

"It's okay honey, it isn't your fault your mother's crazy." Cory says sympathetically.

That gets a chuckle out of Oliver and he smiles at Cory.

"Mum..." Lizzy says as she looks at her mother who's been quiet throughout this whole situation.

"I'm so sorry Carson!" Malvina cry's and my eyes widen.

"Please don't cry, it's okay. You don't have to apologise, I'm fine I promise." I try to comfort her but she cries harder. Morris smiles at me as he takes my place in front of his wife.

He calms her down and I thank God because I wouldn't been able to do so.

"Spencer, honey, are you okay?" She asks as she walks up to him and he nods.

"I'm okay mum. I'm sorry we ruined your birthday party. I just couldn't keep quiet when she was talking about Carson like that." He says and she smiles at him knowingly.

"You boys are together?" She says more than asks and Spencer nods.

"Yeah. We are." He smiles at me and I walk over, slowly. Spencer pulls me into his chest and holds me tight as Cory steps in on the other side of Spencer and mimics my position. He smiles at me warmly and I kiss his forehead gently, forgetting where I am.

"I'm happy for you guys. Welcome to the family Carson." She hugs all three of us and a heavy weight lifts of my chest.

"How long have you been together?" Morris asks smiling at us.

"Not long. It's been just a couple of weeks." I say, still not leaving Spencer's arms.

"Let's sit down. I think we all need a little break." Morris says and we agree. We all sit down, Lizzy next to her parents, Oliver in the single seater and the three of us on the big sofa.

"You okay baby?" Spencer asks after our conversation with his parents is over.

"I'm okay, I promise." I say and lean into his side in reassurance.

"You guys are so cuteeee!" Lizzy squeals and I blush.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" She says once again and I thank her.

-

After dinner we head back to Spencer and Cory's place. It's about 11:00pm and I'm exhausted. Tomorrow's a public holiday, thank goodness, so at least we can sleep in. Spencer was still supposed to go in tomorrow but we convinced him to work from home.

"Okay off to bed with the both of you." Spencer says and leads us to the stairs.

"Go up and get ready for bed. I'll be up soon,I just want to make a few calls before I come up." He explains and we nod and head up. Cory heads straight to the shower and I head to the guest room. I shower there and change before I sit on the bed so that I can check on mum. She sent me a text earlier but I didn't get a chance to read it.

I open the chat and see it's just a message letting me know she's going to bed and that I should text her tomorrow morning when I get up so she knows I'm okay.

While texting her I snuggle into the bed, letting out a big yawn. I wiggle myself under the blanket, not really thinking about it. I put my phone on the bedside table and then I'm out like a light.

I feel something warm press against my chest and I open my eyes to see Cory sleeping, snuggled against me. I smile and pull him closer before falling asleep again.

"Baby." I feel someone rubbing my arm and I open my eyes.

"Why are you two sleeping here? Don't you want to come to our room?" He asks softly.

"Sleep here." I say moving so that he has space. It's a small bed and I doubt the three of us will fit but I'm too tired to care.

"I'm not going to fit baby. Don't worry. You two sleep here I'll go to our room. I can see you two are tired." He kisses my head and then Cory's before leaving.

I frown as he leaves the room. He sounded sad. Why is he sad? I shake Cory and groans.

"Let me sleep." He whines.

"Let's go to your room." I say as I sit up. Cory follows, eyes still closed. He holds my hand as we walk to their room. I open the door and see the beds empty, I hear the shower running and realise Spencer's in the bathroom.

"Bed." Cory pulls me over and we climb into bed. We both fall asleep again.

When the bed dips I open my eyes and see Spencer laying down between Cory and I. Cory immediately cuddles into him and I do the same. He sighs and pulls us closer.

"Night my loves."