Chapter Sixty-Six

*NOT EDITED*

Carson POV

When we got home, Spencer immediately called his parents. To make sure Lizzy was okay and that Charlie hadn't tried to make contact with her. He hadn't to everyone's relief.

"They're coming over." Spencer says once he ends the call with his mother.

"How's Lizzy doing?" I ask and Spencer sighs as he sits down in between Cory and I.

"They haven't told her yet. They want her here before they can tell her." He says and I nod.

"Should I go? Lizzy never told me about this, maybe she doesn't want me to know." I ask and Spencer immediately shakes his head.

"She'll need a friend here." He says and I nod.

"Why don't you shower and change. I'll put the kettle to boil and use some tea." Cory says to Spencer.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Thanks love." Spencer stands up and kisses the top of Cory's head.

"I'll help you in the kitchen sweetheart." I say and Cory hums in agreement as Spencer heads upstairs.

"Want me put out some biscuits as well. Something sweet always helps, I think." I mumble as take down all the biscuits in the cupboard.

"No harm in putting it out." He shrugs as he fill the kettle with water and sets it to boil. We take out mugs and saucers and take them to the lounge. Cory places them on the coffee table. I place the unopened biscuit packets on the table as well. We bring the milk and sugar to the lounge as well.

"Let's go change sweetheart. Everything's set up and the waters still boiling." I say and he agrees and we head upstairs.

Once we've all changed, Spencer is showered and charged by the time Lizzy and their parents arrive. Lizzy smiles happily hugging us all in greeting.

"Hey guys, what's up? Mum said you needed to talk to me." She says as she plops down on the sofa, surveying the biscuits on the coffee table.

Spencer takes in a deep breath as we all sit down. The kettle clicks, in the kitchen, letting us know the waters done boiling. I stand up with Cory and we head to the kitchen.

"I don't think I can watch this." Cory whispers out. Looking at the silver kettle in his hand.

"I can't watch her break down. I can't look at the anguish on Spencer's face again." Cory lets out a heavy breath and I pull him into my arms.

"It's going to be okay. But we need to be there for Spencer. This is a lot for him but if you don't feel up to it, you could wait in here. I'll take everything out to them." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"No, he needs us. Lizzy needs us. This is worse for her than any one of us here." He says pulling out of my arms and filling the tea pot with boiling  water.  I bring the coffee sachets and the tea bags that we forgot to take out earlier.

"So what's up?" Lizzy asks as we enter the lounge.

Cory and I sit down next to Spencer as he looks at Lizzy.

"Charlie's back."