Chapter Forty-Eight

Carson POV

The week goes by fast and before we know it, it's Thursday and we're heading over to Spencer parents place for his mums birthday supper. We all have our gifts in hand as we walk up to the old Victorian style home. It's absolutely beautiful but I'm to nervous to admire it.

I wipe my sweaty palms against my jeans as Spencer rings the door bell.

"Everything's going to be fine baby, don't worry." Spencer's reassures me, rubbing my back soothingly. I nod, even though I'm still nervous.

The front door opens and Lizzy's smiling face greets us.

"Hii!" She squeals as she hugs us all excitedly. She ushers us in quickly so that she can close the door and not let the cold air in.

"Where should we leave these?" Cory asks, raising the gift bag in his hand.

"Oh, I'll take those." A boy says as he rushes up to us. He can't be more than 16 years old. He has on big squared glasses, with dark blue jeans and a cardigan.

"Oliver, how are you?" Spencer asks surprised as he walks up the boy and gives him a big hug. Oliver just pats Spencer on the back before pulling away.

"I'm well and yourself?" He asks as we hand him the gifts.

"I'm great." Oliver nods and then exits the room.

"Who's that?" I whisper to Cory as we follow behind Spencer and Lizzy.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Cory shrugs. As we enter the lounge we see Spencer's parents and another lady.

"Spencer!" Malvina shouts ,excitedly, when she sees her son. I see where Lizzy gets her bubbly personality from.

"Happy birthday mum." Spencer hugs his mother. She hugs Cory next.

"Happy happy birthday Malvina." Cory sings happily as he hugs her tight. As they pull away she stops when she sees me. Surprise colouring her features.

"Carson?! Hello dear." She smiles warmly and gives me a hug.

"Happy birthday mrs Malvina." I whisper nervously and she gives me a squeeze. As we pull away I greet Morris, Spencer's dad.

"Thank you all for coming. I'm so excited." Malvina squeals excitedly.

"Hello Spencer." The other lady in the room greets. She has her grey streaked hair up in a tight bun that gives her a slight face lift. Her lips are painted a bright red and her brown eyes are hidden behind a pair of glasses.

"Aunt Meira." Spencer greets politely.

"Who are these two?" She asks pointing at Cory and I.

Before Spencer can answer, Malvina cuts in excitedly.

"This is Cory, Carson's boyfriend. Cory's a lovely man. Takes such good care of Spencer." Malvina says proudly as she holds Cory.

Meira nods and shakes Cory's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Cory." She says but her face remains cold.

"And this one?" She turns to me.

"Oh this is Carson. He's Lizzy's best friend. He also works for Spencer. He's Spencer driver. He's a lovely dear this one. Been there for Lizzy through so much." She looks at me with fondness and I give her a smile.

"It's nice to me-." I starts but I'm cut off.

"You're the driver?" She asks horrified and I nod.

"Malvina what is this?" She asks, completely scandalised.

"What do you mean?" Malvina asks completely confused.

"You let your children associate with the help!" She shouts and I flinch.

"Excuse me , what did you just say!?" Spencer growls angrily as he steps forward.

"You should not be interacting with your staff like this. You are higher than them, they should know that you're their boss and not their friend." She scolds and I can see the anger rising on Spencer's face.

"Mum could you please stop!" Oliver shouts from the lounge archway.

"Oh shush Oliver." Meira dismisses Oliver and he  sighs, frustratedly.

"Spencer I think you should stop this. Let  this driver man learn his place. You're high-." Before she can continue Spencer cuts her off.

"Shut up! Who do you think you are? I don't give a fuck about what you think. I don't even like you. I just put up with you because of my mother and because of my cousin. But this, this is over the fucking line. You're nobody to me. That 'driver man' as you called him, means more to me than anyone else except Cory." Spencer sneers.  I gasp, hoping no one reads into his words. I know we were going to tell everyone about us tonight but I don't want them to find out this way.

Meira gasps and slaps Spencer across the face. My eyes widen and before anyone can check on Spencer, Lizzy's launching herself at her aunt.

"You bitch!" She shouts and I grab her around her waist, trying to stop her from killing her aunt.

"Lizzy no." I protest as I try to contain her struggling self.

"Lizzy yes, beat her wrinkly ass." Cory encourages and I glare at him. He's checking on Spencer and glaring at Meira who's standing there unbothered.

"Stop!" Everyone freezes. Morris stands up angrily.

"Get out of my house." He glares at Meira.

"But Morr-," she starts but he cuts her off.

"Get out! I don't want you here. Get out."

"Fine!  Oliver let's go." She huffs as she turns around to leave.

"I don't want go." He says sadly looking at us.

"You don't have to go son. You can stay here. But your mother has to leave." Morris says and Meira glares at her son.

"Oliver!" She screeches and he ignores her.

"Thank you." Oliver smiles at Morris.

"I'm your mother, Oliver, and you're coming with me." Oliver glares at her.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." He says calmly.

"If you don't come with me I'm calling the police. I'll tell them that they kidnapped you." She threatens.

'She's quite dramatic this lady.' I think to myself as I look at her completely stunned.

"I'm 19. This isn't kidnapping and you have no legal rights over me. Stop being dramatic mother." Oliver says, exasperated.

"You're 19?" That's the first thing I've said since this whole thing started. Everyone looks at me and my face heats up.

"Yes, I'm 19."