Chapter Twenty-One

Carson's POV

As we pull away from each other Cory has a beaming smile on his beautiful face. I wipe my wet face as I smile at both of them.

"We don't have to go to work today do we? Can we just stay home and you know talk more?" Cory asks expectantly and mr Drew smiles and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry love, but we have to much to do this week. The companies anniversary party is next weekend so our next two weeks are booked." He explains. Cory pouts but nods.

"You'll come over tonight though?" Cory's asks me and I shrug.

"If that's okay, sure." I say and Cory smiles.

"It's okay, right Spencer?" Cory says looking at mr Drew.

"Of course."

"We should get going. We're already late." I say when I check the time. Mr Drew looks at the clock on the wall behind him and his eyes widen.

"Shit! I have a meeting in 5 minutes. We'll have to go straight to the venue." He says as we all rush out of the lounge and straight into the elevator. As the elevator doors close mr Drew's phone rings. He pulls his cellphone out of his pocket and groan as he answers.

"Hi mum." He greets and winces.

"Yes mum I know I'm late. But I had something important to do." He says as he looks down at me with a warm smile. I blush and look down. Cory's already wrapped himself around my left arm. His head is laying on my shoulder and my heart hurts with how overwhelming happy I am right now.

"Yes l'll be there soon." Mr Drew grumbles and I laugh slightly.

"Okay mum I'll see you soon, bye." He says before hanging up.

"We have to go straight to Avery Plaza. Mum and Pa are already there." He sighs out. The elevator dings opened and we head straight to the car. I unlock it and we get in.

The ride to Avery Plaza is quick. Mr Drew is on his phone the entire time and Cory is going through emails. I pull into the parking lot of the Plaza and park right at the entrance. Mr Drew and Cory rush out and I just sit and wait.

"Carson come on." Mr Drew says as he opens my door. I don't argue and step out of the car. I lock the car and we head inside. The lobby is beautiful but I don't get time to admire it as Mr Drew heads straight to the double doors next to the reception desk.

As we walk through the double doors I gasp. It's a huge hall with glossy hard wood floors. The ceiling is painted baby blue with clouds and stars. It's breath taking. The left hand side of the room has alternating ceiling to floor length windows that lets in just the perfect amount of light to illuminate the entire room.

"Mum, Pa." Mr Drew's voice distracts me from my ogling.

"Hi honey." Mr Drew's mother greets as she hugs him and Cory.

"Son." Mr Drew's dad hugs him and Cory as well. I stand of to the side not wanting to disturb them and continue to look around.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" A tall lady in a white dress asks as she stops in front of me. Her black hair is cut short and her green eyes stare at me.

"Oh huh I'm Carson.." I don't get to finish as she looks down at her clipboard and holds her hand for me to stop talking.

"I don't see a Carson on the list of clients today." She says, looking up at me curiously.

"Oh I'm not a client. I'm a driver. I'm here with mr Spencer Drew." I explain as I point to where they are. Mr Drew sees us and walks up to us and the lady nods and smiles.

"Okay. I met your parents already they were waiting for you. So, if you're ready we can begin?" She says and mr Drew nods.  We head back to we're mr Drew's parents and Cory are.

"Mum, Pa this is Carson. Carson these are my parents. Malvina and Morris Drew." Mr drew introduces and I nervously smile.

"It's nice to meet you mam, sir." I say. Mr Morris smiles at me and pats my shoulder.

"It's nice to meet you too, how do you know my son?" He asks.

"I'm his driver." I say and he nods.

"You're his driver?" Mrs Drew's voice asks and I nod.

"Are you perhaps the same Carson my daughter talks about?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah Lizzy and I are good friends." I say and mrs Drew beams at me.

"Oh I'm so glad to finally meet you. Lizzy talks about you all the time.  It makes me think she has a little crush on you." She says and my eyes widen.

"I'm gay!" I blurt out and mrs Drew's eyes widen.

"Oh honey I know." She says as she gently rubs my shoulder trying to calm me.

"You do?" Mr Drew asks, confusedly.

"Yes, when your sister was talking about him a while back I told her that she should ask him out since it seemed that she liked him so much. She told me she didn't like him in that way and even if she did, it wouldn't work out because he didn't like girls." She explains.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you but we need to start now." The lady says and mrs Drew nods.

-

The meeting goes on without a hitch and mr Drew doesn't change many of the previous requirements the company wanted. Once the meeting is concluded we all head out.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Carson. I hope we can meet up again just you and I. We can have lunch." Mrs Drew says and I smile and nod.

"What? Why?" Mr Drew asks as he steps in between us.

"I just want to get to know him better." Mrs Drew says.

"Well Carson's very busy so maybe in the distance future." Mr Drew says and I frown. He says goodbye to his mother and ushers me towards the car.

"What's wrong?" He asks when he sees my frowning face.

"It's nothing." I say and walk to the drivers side. Cory's already sitting inside, busy taking a call.

"Carson, talk to me, what's wrong?" He asks again and I bite my lip.

"Why don't you want me to have lunch with your mum? I know I can be clumsy and blurt things out but I promise I won't embarrass you. I'll try really hard to be less like that. I really want to get to know your parents."