Chapter Twenty-Nine

Carson's POV

It's 1am and I'm dragging Lizzy out of a night club. She's drunk and giggling. She somehow convinced me to go clubbing and I'm glad I came with her. I had fun but I'm glad I'm here to make sure she's okay. Her so called friends left her half way through the night.

"Come on Lizzy, let's go." I say as I wrap my arm around her waist and guide her out of the club. Just as we exit the club my phone begins to ring. I sigh and pull it out of my pocket after I help Lizzy sit down on the bench next to the building.

I don't check the caller ID and just answer.

"Hello." I answer.

"Hey baby, did I wake you?" Mr Dre- Spencer, Spencer asks.

"No, I haven't gone to bed yet. I just got Lizzy out of the club. We're heading home now. I'm going to take her back to my place." I tell him.

"You guys went clubbing?" He asks and I hum.

"Yeah. It was fun." I say.

"I don't like Lizzy going clubbing alone. I'm glad you were with her." He says but he doesn't sound to happy.

"Carson!" Lizzy groans before she bends over and vomits.

"Shit! Can I call you back. Lizzy just threw up, I need to get her home." I say.

"Come to my place please. I want to make sure you're both okay. If you can't, it's fine, I'll come to your place." He says.

"It's fine, we'll come to you."

"Okay see you soon." He says and I say good bye before ordering a Lyft.

We get to Spencer's place half an hour later and I carry Lizzy out of the car and up to the pent house since she's passed out. As the elevator doors open I see Spencer standing there, waiting. As soon as he sees us he walks forward and takes Lizzy from me.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I didn't drink any alcohol. But Lizzy on the other hand." We both look down at the unconscious girl in her brothers arms.

"This is why I don't like her going clubbing. She gets so drunk. A few years back she was so sick because she had alcohol poisoning. Someone had spiked  her drink." He sighs as we walk to the guest room. Spencer places Lizzy down onto the bed gently, before taking off her shoes. He pulls the duvet up over her and makes sure she's okay before switching off the light.

I wait at the door til his done and then we both head to the lounge. Spencer rubs his head in frustration and I rub his arm, comfortingly.

"I made sure she drank enough water. But you know her." I say.

"Thanks for looking after her." He says as he pulls me closer. He hugs me close and I rest my head on his warm, solid chest. He squeezes me and we sway from side to side slowly.

"She's my best friend, I'll always take care of her." I tell him and he kisses my head.

"You must be exhausted, you want to go to bed?" He asks and I nod against his chest.

"Yeah. Didn't know how tired I was until you hugged me." I mumble and Spencer pulls me closer.

"Let's go. You gonna stay in the guest room?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah. You don't mind, do you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Of course not baby. I just want you to be comfortable and when you're ready to sleep in the same bed as Cory and I. You're more than welcome to." He says and I smile at him as we stop outside the guest room door.

"Is Cory asleep?" I ask.

"He's at his brothers house. He went to visit him today, since I was busy. He called and said he's staying over." Spencer explains and I nod.

"Well goodnight. I'll see you in the morning." I yawn and hug Spencer again. Spencer holds me tightly and whispers goodnight before I walk into my bedroom.  I kick of my shoes and take off my watch and place it on the bedside table along with my phone. I fall face first into the bed and roll myself into the duvet before I pass out.

-

The next day I wake up late. It's Sunday, so not much to do. I made sure to check up on Lizzy before I did anything else. As I open her bedroom door I see her still sleeping. Hair sticking up in all the oddest directions. I smile and close door and head to the kitchen.

I hear the elevator door ding just as I step into the kitchen. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and walk back out into the lounge. Cory smiles when he sees me and I grin.

"Hi jelly bean." I greet as he hops over to me. A big smile stretches onto his lips. He wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him flush against my chest.

"Hi sweets." Cory chirps in my ear as we pull away from each other.

"How was your day with your brother?" I ask him as we walk into the kitchen.

"It was great. I missed him. I'm going to start going over more." He says as I set the kettle to boil. I nod in response. I open the mug cupboard and Cory gets the coffee.

"Oh, hello." We both turn around and see Mr Dre- Spencer in the kitchen archway.

"Hey."

"Hi." Cory walks over to Spencer and hugs him. Spencer kisses Cory and my cheeks heat as they really get into it. The kettle's whistle distracts me and I rush over to the stove. Cory and Spencer also stop kissing at the sound of the whistle.

I take the kettle of the stove and take it over to the counter so I can make my tea.