Chapter Seven

Carson's POV.

I groan and stretch as I hear my phone ring. With my eyes still closed I reach for my phone. When my hand is met with nothing but air my eyes snap open and I sit up quickly. I look around the room realising I'm not at home and that I'm actually at mr Drew's place.

My phone rings once again and I quickly grab it and answer.

"Hello?" I greet sleepily.

"Hi honey. I just called to check if you're okay." My mums voice comes and I smile.

"I'm okay mum." I tell her and she hums.

We talk for a little while more before she has to hang up. I tell her that I will be home early today and that we can catch up then. A knock on the room door startles me. I look up as the knock sounds again.

"Come in." I call and the door opens. Cory stands in the door way with a shy smile as he twists the hem of his t-shirt.

"Morning." I greet gently and he looks up and gives me a normal Cory smile.

"Morning sweets, how did you sleep?" He asks as he walks into the room and straight to the bed. He climbs in next to me and covers himself with the warm blanket since it's bloody cold.

"Good." I say smiling down at him.

"Sorry about last night." He mumbles as he hides his face against my pillow. I go to run my fingers through his hair but stop when I realise that, that would be overstepping so I just pat his arm gently.

"It's okay Cory. We all have something we're scared of." I tell him and he just hums but doesn't remove his face from my pillow.

"Are you okay, though?" I ask him and he nods into the pillow before peaking up at me.

"I'm okay." He says with a genuine smile and so I believe him.

"What time are you leaving?" Cory asks and I look at the clock on the wall and see it's already 9 am. Cory and mr Drew must want to spend time together and , here I am, intruding on their  alone time. I'm such an idiot, I obviously over stayed my welcome and they were just to nice to wake me up and tell me to leave.

"I didn't realise the time. I'm sorry  I stayed so long. I didn't mean to. I can leave right now, don't worry." I say and quickly get out of bed and grab my cell phone and quickly pull on my shoes. Cory sits up as I begin to rush around grabbing my stuff.

"Wait Carson." Cory says and I stop in the door way. He sighs and rubs his eye sleepily.

"I didn't mean that I wanted you to leave when I asked that. I just wanted to know when you're leaving so that I could try and convince you stay for breakfast. I know you would run off before even eating." He says with a knowing look and I blush slightly at how true his words are.

"So will you stay for breakfast?" He asks and I nod.

"Sure."

"Great then let's go. Spencer's already cooking and sent me to get you." He says happily as he hops out of bed and walks up to me. He grabs my hand and tugs me out of the room and down to the kitchen. I feel warm when I notice he doesn't let go of my hand until we're in the kitchen and he sees all the food that's laid out. Cory loves food.

"Morning." Mr Drew greets with a big smile and I can't help but swoon. He's one handsome man.

"Morning." I say as I walk further into the kitchen.

"Sit and eat." Mr Drew says and I nod and grab a plate. Cory's already sitting at the counter with a full plate, eating happily and I smile as I dish up for myself.

I get a slice of egg toast, some bacon and scrambled eggs. I love scramble eggs. Once I'm done I walk over to the island and sit down on one of the bar stools. We all eat in a comfortable silence and I can't get over how good the food is.

I hum happily as I eat and do my little food dance, not noticing the two sets of eyes on me. I look up and both Cory and mr Drew are smiling at me and I blush and look down at my food.

After breakfast I offer to do the dishes but mr Drew says it's fine he'll just put it in the dish washer.

"I left a tooth brush and some tooth paste in the bathroom in your room for you." Cory says and I thank him before heading up to the bedroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face before grabbing my uniform and phone and heading back downstairs.

Mr Drew and Cory are sitting on the couch talking but stop when they see me.

"You're leaving already?" Cory asks and I nod.

"Yeah. I should get home. I promised my mum I'd be home early and I don't want to intrude on your day any longer." I say and they both frown.

"You're not intruding Carson. We enjoy hanging out with you." Mr Drew says and I just nod.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work." Cory says and I nod with small smile.

"Yeah, we can have breakfast together again, if you want." I say and Cory beams at me.

"That sounds great sweets. After you drop Spencer off we can have breakfast." He says.

"Okay then."

"Well I should get going before traffic gets  to bad. Thank you for letting me stay the night. Also, thanks for breakfast, it was nice hanging out with you guys." I say truthfully and they both smile at me.

"You're welcome Carson." Mr Drew says.

"We should all hang out more often. Why don't we have a sleep over this weekend after Jesse's party?" Cory asks and I nod.

"Yeah that sounds nice." I say softly.

"Can we Spence?" Cory asks, excitedly, but from mr Drew's expression I can see he doesn't think it's a great idea.

"Umm. I don't think so Cory." Mr Drew says and Cory's face falls and my chest hurts. Of course he doesn't want to spend more time with me. I know he said he likes hanging out and that I'm not intruding but I can't always hang out with them, they need their alone time. No matter how much it hurts that I can't be with them.

"What? why?" Cory asks, confusedly.

"Can we talk about this later please?" Mr Drew asks, a little annoyed.

"Bu-." Cory starts but I cut him off.

"It's okay Cory. We can always hang out some other time." I say, trying to smile.

"Fine." He huffs.

"I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for everything. Bye." I say and quickly head to the elevator and leave.