Chapter Twenty-Four

Carson's POV

It's 2am and I'm about ready to pass out. We've been going through files for hours and I'm both mentally and physically exhausted.

"No more!" I groan as I lean back against mr Drew's chest. When I realise what I've done, I quickly try to sit up but his arm wraps around my waist, holding me against him, and he kisses the top of my head.

"Can we call it a night?" Cory asks as he walks into the room. He smiles when he sees us and quickly sits down on mr Drew's lap.

"Where's Jesse?" I ask as I start to move away from  mr Drew.

"She's still getting herself coffee. I can't drink anymore coffee." He explains as I completely move away from them. Mr Drew looks at me with a pout and I give him a tired smile.

"I can hold you till she comes back." Mr Drew says as he reaches out for me but I move further away.

"No you can't. We don't know when she'll walk in." I explain and he lets out a frustrated breath.

"We could just tell her." Cory says and my eyes widen.

"No!" I shout and Cory flinches

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout. I just ... I'm not ready to tell her, to tell anyone. We haven't been together for a full day yet. This is still so new." I tell them.

"It's okay, we understand." Cory says as he smiles at me. Just then the door opens and Jesse walks in.

"I'm going home." She says.

"We should call it a night. We found almost everything we need." Mr Drew says as they both stand up. Jesse is already packing up her stuff. Cory leaves the office to fetch his things while mr Drew packs up.

"I'm leaving now, night sonny. Goodnight sir." Jesse says as she kisses my cheek and waves to mr Drew.

"How are you going home?" Mr Drew asks her.

"I'm driving." She says and he nods. She says one last goodbye before leaving the room.

"Okay I think that's everything." Mr Drew says as he looks around the room. After he makes sure he has everything, we leave his office. He locks the office door and we head down the passage way to go meet Cory at his desk.

Cory's leaning against his desk with his eyes half closed and his head tilting to one side. I smile at how adorable he looks. I walk up to him and gently shake him awake. He blinks up at me tiredly before letting out a big yawn.

"Let's get you home." I say and we all head to the elevator. Mr Drew presses the button and the elevator doors open. We step in and Cory leans his head against mr Drew's arm.

"We'll go straight to my place. I don't think Cory's gonna be awake enough to go to his place." Mr Drew tells me as we exit the elevator. I nod as we walk up to the car and I unlock it.

Mr Drew opens the back door and helps Cory in while I get into the drivers seat. Once the back door closes and my seat belt is firmly on, I pull out of the parking lot. The roads are dead since it's so early and so the drive to mr Drew's place is quick. I stop outside the front doors of his apartment building and he gets out before helping Cory out.

"Do you want to stay the night Carson?" Mr Drew asks and I shake my head no.

"Thanks sir, but I can't. I have to check up on the house." I explain and he nods.

"I'll see you tomorrow, well today. I'll see you later today. We don't have to go back to the office today but we still need to finish looking at the rest of the files. So, 6 in the afternoon okay with you, to come over?" He asks and I nod.

"I'll let Jesse know as well." I say and he nods.

"Okay, I'll see you later baby, goodnight." He says. I blush like always and whisper goodnight before I head home. By the time I get home it's almost 3 so I just send Jesse a text letting her know what time we'll be meeting at mr Drew's apartment before I crash for the night.

-

The next time I wake up the sun is out, shining brightly through my drawn curtains. I check my watch, that I just threw onto my bed side table, and see that it's 2pm. I groan as I stretch my tight muscles. I'm still in my uniform, I didn't change when I went to sleep last night, I was to tired to do so. I just took of my shoes and went straight to sleep.

I check my phone and see four messages. One's from my mother asking how I am and if everything is fine at home. The other is from Jesse letting me know that she'll be a little late to mr Drew's. The third message is from Lizzy asking me how my talk from yesterday morning went. The final message is from Cory, who sent me a selfie of him and a sleeping mr Drew, wishing me a good morning.

The smile that stretches across my face is so big that my cheeks actually hurt. I respond to everyone before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

After a long hot shower and my morning coffee I feel much more alive than I did a few hours ago. My phone rings just as I sit down and I see Lizzy's name pop up. I smile and sigh before I answer.

"Hello." I greet.

"Hello!? Is that all you have to say to me. I need details. What happened after your talk? Are you guys together or what? Spencer won't tell me anything. Neither will Cory even though I'm the one who helped them and told them to talk to you." She rants and I chuckle.

"Our talk went great. I'm glad you helped them and I'm grateful that you did. We're all in a good place but that's all you're getting for now." I tell her and she groans.

"Fine. But anyway, I won't be home when you come over later. I'm going to meet up with a few friends but I will be back before you leave. Can we talk then? Not about your relationship with my brother and Cory. But just like we used to when I use to come visit." She asks hopefully and I immediately agree.

"Okay, see you later Carson."