Chapter Nine

Carson's POV

The next morning I make sure I'm 15 minutes early to pick up mr Drew. When he comes out he seems to be in a much better mood than yesterday and I thank God for that. I get out quickly and open the back door for him to get in.

"Good morning sir." I greet calmly and mr Drew just nods and gets in. I guess he's still irritated with me. I close the car door gently before getting into the drivers side and heading off to work. The ride is less tense than yesterday but still uncomfortable. As soon as I pull into the parking lot mr Drew gets out and shuts the door.

"I have a meeting at 12 so be ready to go." He says as he heads off and I nod. I head inside after mr Drew is gone and I head straight to the break room. I pull my phone out and text Jesse telling her I can't make lunch and she says it's okay and that we can do it whenever we have time. I spend the rest of my time in the security room today. The day goes by much faster then I'd like and before I know it , it's almost 12 and so I head down to the parking lot to wait for mr Drew.

Mr Drew steps out of the elevator the same time as I do and I smile at him but he just walks off. We both walk to the car but before I can open the back door mr Drew stops me. I look up at him curiously and he sighs.

"This meeting is very important. I need this meeting to go well." He says and I nod slowly, very confused as to why he's telling me this.

"You're going to have to come in with me." He says and my eyes widen.

"M-Me?" I stutter, he sighs and nods.

"Why me? I-I don't kn-now anything about your business." I tell him.

"It's okay Carson. You don't have to say anything, you just have to come in with me. Can you please do that?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"What about Cory? Your actual assistant. Where's he?" I ask frantically.

"Cory's busy with another project and can't leave the office at the moment and these people I'm meeting are important, I need someone I can trust with me." Mr Drew explains and I just shake my head. He has so many people in his office he could of asked but why me? I'm a driver. I don't know anything.

"Please Carson." He pleads and I sigh when I hear the desperation in his voice.

"O-Okay." I breath out shakily and I see him let out a sigh of relief, most probably.

"Thank you, Carson." Mr Drew says and I just nod.

"Okay you can read this on the way there and I'll drive." He says while handing me a thin booklet and taking the keys out of my pocket. He hops into the drivers seat and I quickly scurry off to the passenger side. I quickly get in and pull on my seat belt as mr Drew pulls out of the parking lot. It feels weird not driving and sitting in the passenger seat. I take in a deep breath to calm my jumpy nerves and open the booklet mr Drew gave me.

It explains the project in great detail. The statistics, the budget and from what I know and understand this project is full poof. It's also one I strongly believe in.

"This is awesome." I say out loud.

"You think so?" Mr Drew questions and I nod.

"Yeah. I've never seen big companies ever get involved in stopping animal testing. They're always the ones being arrested for it. I hate it. Those poor animals being subjected to such torture and pain for what? For some bloody lipstick. It makes me so mad when I see these things on the news and you know that these people doing it aren't really sorry about what they did. They're just sorry they got caught." I rant as I flip through the booklet and when I look up I see mr Drew smiling down at me. My cheeks heat up and I quickly look away.

"Sorry." I whisper out.

"Nothing to be sorry about. I'm glad you're so passionate about this and I agree with what you said. That's why I started this project. Even though it has nothing to do with the work my company does I still feel strongly about it and if putting my name on it makes more people read about it and help fight against it than I'll use that to my advantage." He explains and I smile at him. He's passion and determination is so genuine and real it makes me admire him more.

"Right we're here." Mr Drew says as he stops the car and I look up to see we're at a tea garden. Oh I love tea gardens. I've only been here once and that's when Jesse first started working at the company. It was a welcome gift and she took all of us with her. It was one of the best days I had spent with my family in a long time. I've always wanted to come back but I never had the time or the extra money since I'm saving for the museum. As we leave the car I can't help but stare in awe of the place.

"Mr Drew , it's nice to see you again sir, welcome to  Airbells tea garden." The lady at the front gates greets and mr Drew smiles as he tells her we have a meeting in the Aerabella suite, she nods before leading the way. As we walk along the cobble stone path I can't help but admire the beautiful landscape. They have every kind of purple flower lining the edge of the cobble stone path. When we're close enough to the suite mr Drew gently holds my elbow and I look at him quickly. He smiles that dopey smile at me and gently pulls me into the suite.

The suite is literally made of glass. Crystal like glass and the sun just shines in giving it a glimmering effect.

"It's so beautiful." I whisper and mr Drew just nods as the doors to the suite open and in walks a tall lady with dark brown hair that reaches down to her waist. She's wearing a red jumpsuit with black heels. Behind her stands a tall, bald man in a black suit. His face is stoic and his hands lay straight at his sides.  The lady smiles brightly when she sees mr Drew and quickly walks over and takes a seat in the chair opposite mr Drew's. The bald man closes the suite doors before walking further into the room and stopping behind the lady.

"Spencer Drew, nice to formally meet you." The lady says and sticks out her well manicure hand.

"You as well Megan Addely." Mr Drew replies as he grabs her hand and shakes it firmly before letting go.

"Now that that's out of the way let's get down to business,shall we?"