Chapter Thirty-Five

Carson's POV

It's finally Saturday and the banquet is all set up. I'm currently standing outside the hall, greeting all the guest and making sure valet is doing their job properly. I started supervising two years ago when a few cars were damaged.

"Carson dear, it's so good to see you." Mrs Hudson beams when she sees me. She gives me a tight hug and I smile. She's a wonderful lady. She didn't even fuss or make a scene the last time when the ice sculpture broke and hit her head.

"It's good to see you too Mrs Hudson." I say as we pull apart.

"I've told you to call me Cassy." She smiles.

"Mrs Hudson." Someone from inside calls.

"I've got to go dear but I'll find you later. I need to catch up with you." She says as she walks into the building. The rest of the people who come aren't as friendly or as nice as mrs Hudson which is very common. They're all posh business men who think their Gods gift earth.

As the last car pulls away from the entrance I dismiss the standby valet so that they can go to the car park and I head into the hall. All company employees are invited to the banquet and it's always such a grand event.

"Sonny!" Jesse calls me over as soon as I walk through the hall doors. I smile and walk up to my bouncy sister. She looks stunning in her silk orange dress. It's a halter neck dress that flows beautifully to the ground with a slit that runs up to her knee. Jesse's black hair is pinned up in a messy bun with a few lose strands hanging out and framing her face.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She asks as she waves her arms around motioning around the hall.

"It truly is." I sigh as I admire the hall again, this time all dressed up.

"Sweets!" I hear Cory's voice shout and I turn around and see him fast walking towards me. He looks absolutely breath taking. His brown hair is slicked back and styled perfectly leaving only a few strands lose. He has on a crisp white shirt on with a emerald green, double breasted suit coat and perfectly fitting pants.

I admire him as he approaches me. He smiles when he finally reaches me and his big brown does eyes make me feel warm.

"You look beautiful." I whisper when he reaches me and his pale cheeks dust pink.

"Thank you." He whispers shyly.

An awkward cough pulls my attention away from Cory and I turn to see my sister looking at me confused. Shit! I forgot she was still standing next to me. I look back at Cory who looks nervously at Jesse. Before anyone can utter a word our attention is drawn to the stage.

"Good evening everyone, the formalities will begin shortly, we kindly ask that you all please take your seats. Thank you." The announcer says and so we all head to our tables. Cory sits up front in the VIP section with Spencer and Jesse and I head to the back for the staff.

When we get to our table it's completely empty. I cringe as I sit down because Jesse is going to start prodding as soon as we sit down. 

"What was that with Cory?" She asks and I sigh.

"It's nothing." I whisper as she drags her chair closer to me.

"That was not nothing Sonny. Do you like Cory?" She asks and I bite my lip. I can't lie to her. She knows when I'm telling her lies.

"Yes." I say and she sighs.

"Oh sonny. I'm so sorry." She rubs my shoulder. That was not the reaction I thought I would get but I'm going to go with it.

"I know how hard unrequited feelings can be." She says sadly and I just nod along.

"But you'll get over him, I promise." She continues and I nod again.

"And I'll help." She states and my eyes widen.

"Help? Help how?" I ask her and she smiles.

"The best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else." She winks and my eyes widen.

"Jesse n-." I'm cut of by the announcer on stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen thank you all for co-operating with us, we are ready to begin. So without further a due, I'll hand you over to Mr Cory Daily who will be guiding you through all our formalities for the night."  Everyone claps as Cory walks on to stage. I smile when I see him.

"Ouch!" I whisper shout as Jesse hits my arm.

"What the hell was that for!?" I rub my sore arm while Cory greets everyone and starts listing all the speakers of the night.

"You can't get all dopey when you see him. I'm helping you now shush." She scolds like I was the one interrupting her. I roll my eyes at my sister and turn my attention back to stage where Cory is.

"We would like to call up Mr Dempsey, who is going to be telling us about the charity's we will be supporting this year and the events we have to look forward to this year."

The formalities drag on for another hour and when Cory finally calls Spencer up on stage to give the vote of thanks I'm so glad because my ass is numb and I need to stretch my legs. 

"Good evening everyone. I'm so glad you could all make it out tonight. I want to thank everyone who's come here tonight for giving us your time. I also want to give a big thank you to all my staff. Tonight would not be possible without your help and support. Thank you to Cory my lovely assistant and boyfriend for helping me through these  two hectic weeks. Also a huge thank you to Jesse Leigh who was on call 24/7 for this project." Spencer looks at our table and Jesse smiles.

"And thank you to Carson Leigh, for putting up with our crazy schedules for this event and driving us everywhere and anywhere we needed at every of hour." My eyes widen at the mention of my name and I look up and directly at Spencer who's smiling at me.

"I hope you all enjoy the rest of your night and your meals will be out shortly. Thank you." With that Spencer ends his speech and I immediately stand up.

"My ass is numb and I need stretch my legs to get blood flow back. I'm going for a walk." I tell Jesse and she nods.