Chapter Thirty-Three

Carson's POV

As we wait for Spencer's parents to arrive, the nervousness starts to kick in.

"Is this really a good idea?" I ask again and Cory smiles at me.

"It is. It's okay sweets, you don't have to be so nervous. You've met Spencer's parents before." Cory tries to reassure me and before I can process any of his words the elevator dings and we hear the doors open.

"We're here!" Mrs Malvina's voice sounds and Cory smiles after giving my arm a reassuring squeeze. We both head towards the lounge where Spencer and Lizzy are.

When we walk into the lounge we see mrs Malvina hugging Spencer and mr Morris hugging Lizzy.

"Oh Cory, darling how are you?" Mrs Malvina asks when she spots him. I'm still standing of to the side watching them all greet each other. It doesn't feel right to be here.

"Carson dear, you're here to?" Mrs Malvina questions as she walks over and gives me a hug, I wasn't expecting.

"Yeah, Carson came over to check on me after last night and we invited him to stay for supper." Lizzy explains to her parents and they just nod and move on. Thankfully.

"How are you feeling son?" Mr Morris asks Spencer and he gives his father a small smile.

"Much better pa."  Spencer says.

"Nice to see you again Carson." Mr Morris says as he sticks his hand out. I immediately take it and we shake hands.

"You as well sir." I say politely.

"You can call me Morris, no need for you to call me sir." He says with a fatherly smile and I nod.

"Why don't we eat while the foods still hot." Lizzy suggests and everyone agrees. We all walk into the dinning room and I make sure I'm sitting next to Lizzy. Much to Spencer's displeasure.

Spencer sits at one end of the table with Lizzy on his left and Cory on his right, while mr Morris sits at the other end with me on his right and mrs Malvina on his left. Everyone dishes out food and passes around all the bows and plates, while chatting and joking.

We're a few minutes into our meal before  someone speaks again.

"So, Carson, how have you been?" Mrs Malvina asks me.

"I've been good, really good and yourself?" I say.

"I've been well dear, can't complain."

"Carson." Spencer calls, and I look at him.

"Can you pass the garlic bread, please?" He asks and I nod. I pass the plate to Lizzy and she hands it over to him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome sir." I say and he looks up at me confused. I nod in the direction of his parents and he scowls. I know he doesn't like it but we have to be formal around other people.

"Why are scowling, Spencer?" Mr Morris asks, confused, as he looks at his son.

"Oh, er, the bread?." Spencer says, or asks more like it, and Lizzy chokes back a laugh. I glare at her and she bites her lip.

"What's wrong with the bread?" Mr Morris asks and Spencer looks down at the bread in his plate.

"It's garlic bread." Spencer says and mr Morris scrunches his brows in confusion.

"Spencer, honey, you asked for garlic bread." Mrs Malvina says. Lizzy is trying so hard not to laugh and l'm just staring at Cory who look's amused.

"I did, didn't I?." He says.

"Son, are you okay? Today was a very emotional day for you, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Mr Morris questions.

"I do feel a little tired. I think it's just the emotions of the day catching up to me." Spencer says and both his parents nod sympathetically.

"Why don't you go get some rest when you're done eating. We'll also leave so that you can rest." Mrs Malvina says an Spencer nods.

"That would be great, thanks mum. Sorry for making you guys leave so early." Spencer apologises.

In the next 20 minutes Spencer's parents are gone and the entire dinning room is cleaned up. Spencer is laying down on the sofa while Cory is in the shower.

"Okay I'm heading home." I say as I walk out of the kitchen. I just finish putting away the dishes, with Lizzy's help.

"What, no. Baby it's to late for you to drive home all alone. Just stay the night." Spencer says and I bite my lip.

"Please. We're going to be so busy from tomorrow with getting everything set up for the banquet, let's just spend tonight together." Spencer pleads and I give in and agree.

"Okay." I say as I walk into the lounge.

"I'm heading to the bathroom. Going to shower and call it a night. Good night guys." Lizzy says as she walks out of the kitchen. She then heads to her bedroom. We wish her a good night as she leaves.

"Come here." Spencer calls me and I walk over to him. He's still laying down on the sofa, when I walk over to him. He takes a hold of my hand and tugs me down. I end up half on top of him and half on the floor.

"That didn't work out like I thought it would." He says sheepishly and I laugh and kiss his cheek. He smiles as he looks at me laughing.

"How'd you expect this to go?" I ask as I sit up and next to him.

"I expected you to fall fully on top of me." He says and I smile.

"Have you tried this before?" I question and he nods.

"I do it all the time with Cory." He says just as said man comes down the stairs.

"Do what with Cory all the time?" Cory asks as he walks into the lounge. He kisses Spencer's forehead and my cheek before sitting down on the recliner.

"I pull you down on top of me all the time and it works." Spencer says.

"Yeah well I'm a lot bigger than Cory, so it won't work with me." I say as I stand up. Spencer doesn't let go of my hand and tugs again, but with more force. I land fully on top of him.

The impact knocks the wind out of the both of us but Spencer looks very pleased with himself.

"Happy?" I ask as he wraps his arms around me, holding me close to him.

"Very."