Chapter Sixty-Eight

Spencer's POV

I'm currently waiting for Lizzy so, that we can head out to meet Jackson. I'm glad she agreed to get a bodyguard or I would have just followed her around until she agreed to get one.

"I'm ready, let's go." She says as she enters my office. Carson's joining us because Lizzy wants him there. Cory is happy to stay at the office, he doesn't like where Jackson's offices are. It's sort of like an army base and there's live fire, in a controlled environment of course, but Cory still prefers to avoid it.

"Great let go." I say as I stand up. We both exit my office and see Carson waiting at Cory's desk for us.

"I'll see you later love." I peck Cory on the lips and he smiles at me. Carson kisses his cheek before following us to the elevator.

"So how far away is this place?" Lizzy asks as we step into the parking lot. She's never been to Jackson's base, she's never needed to be there.

"About an hours drive." I say as we walk to the car. I drive since Carson doesn't know where this place is.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive?" Carson asks nervously and I smile.

"Yes baby, I'm sure. Just buckle up and then we can go." I say and he nods putting on his seat belt.

The drive to the base is filled with chatting between my sister and Carson. I'm glad she's so calm and I thinks that's because of Carson.

When we arrived at the base camp Jackson is already waiting for us.

"Hey." I greet when we all get out of the car. I shake Jackson's hand and Lizzy hugs him. I introduce him to Carson before he leads us into the main building and to his office.

"So, what brings you here? None of those important clients of yours are scheduled in this month." He says once we're all seated.

"This isn't for work, this is for Lizzy." I say and Jackson sits up straighter.

"What happened?" He asks, looking at Lizzy. She sighs.

"Charlie's back." She whispers out and Jackson scowls.

"I'll do it." Jackson says standing up. He's already pulling out the paper work.

He hands a copy to Lizzy and one to me. Lizzy begins to read it but I know what the contract says since I've signed it many times and so have my clients.

"24/7 surveillance?" Lizzy questions and Jackson nods.

"No, that's not what I want. I only need someone when I leave the house. I'll be at Spencer's place in the evening and they will be there so I won't be alone." She says and Jackson doesn't budge.

"It doesn't matter. Until the threat can be neutralised." Jackson says seriously.

"Neutralised? What do you mean neutralised?" She asks and I know what's going to happen.

"Oh no." Carson whispers from next to me. My thoughts exactly.

"In jail or dead." Jackson says.

"No! You're not killing him!" Lizzy shouts and Jackson just stares at her.

"I'm not taking a chance with your life. If I deem him dangerous and think your life is in danger I will kill him." He says unapologetically.

"Then I don't want you as my bodyguard, get me someone else." She demands.

"What about Wesley? He's one of your best." I say, trying to ease the tension.

"No. I'll do it. I'm the best. I'll call your dad and talk to him." He dismisses us and Lizzy stands up and leaves the room. I say a quick goodbye to Jackson before taking Carson's hand and leaving the room.

"I understand the need to kill him. He should be dead after what he did but you know Lizzy. She doesn't believe in killing and violence." Carson says and I nod.

"I know but she needs a bodyguard. I'm just scared of him approaching her and her not being able to protect herself." I say as we approach the car. Lizzy is standing next to the car on the phone, most probably with my dad.

"I'll pay the booking fee and see if my dad can talk Jackson into agreeing, just for Lizzy's sake, that he won't kill Charlie but cause bodily harm." I say and Carson shakes his head.