Chapter Ten

Carson's POV

After the meeting ended I drove mr Drew back to the office. The meeting went surprisingly well and I don't know why mr Drew needed me there. Mr Drew said that if I liked I could help him on this project and I agreed. I may not have any qualifications that can help me with such work but I can put forward some of my ideas and he can use whatever he likes. Mr Drew isn't angry at me anymore and I'm glad. I know how annoying I can be and I'm glad he let it go.

After I dropped off mr Drew I went back to the hall were I waited for the end of the day.

"Carson!?" Someone shouts and I quickly look up to see mr Drew and Cory looking down at me.

"Oh sorry!" I apologise and quickly stand up.

"It's okay. I just wanted to know if you had any plans tonight." Cory asks and I shake my head.

"No nothing, why?" I ask as we exit the building and head straight to the parking lot.

"Lets go out for supper." Mr Drew says and I look at him wide eyed.

"W-What?" I stutter as we stop in front of the car.

"Let's go out for supper tonight, the three of us." He repeats and I just stare at him.

"Carson?" Cory calls and I don't know what to say.

"I can't-.." I start but mr Drew stops me.

"Is it because of me?" He asks and I shake my head even though we both know I'm lying.

"Because of you?" Cory asks confused. Mr Drew let's go of Cory and walks up to me.

"I'm sorry Carson." He says sadly and I look up at him.

"It's ok-.."

"It's not. What I said and how I behaved was out of line and unnecessarily cruel. I shouldn't of said any of those things to you and if I could take them back I would, but I can't. All I can do is ask you to forgive me." He says and I can feel tears prickle my eyes. Gosh why am I crying.

"It's okay sir. I know how annoying I can be and I knew you weren't in a good mood and I still pushed. You don't have to apologise." I say as I look down at my shoes so they don't see me cry.

I feel a finger tilt my head up and mr Drew holds my chin gently.

"Carson. You're not annoying. You're sweet and kind. You're also too nice for your own good. I do need to apologise, what I did was wrong. So please forgive me." He says and I nod and give him a small smile, he beams down at me, showing off his perfect teeth. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into a hug. My face heats up as my head rest against his collar bone. His head rest on top of mine and my hands rest against his chest.

"Awww!" Cory cries as he tackles us with his small body.

"I don't even know what happened but it's fine. As long as you two made up." He says as he hugs the both of us.

After my little break down mr. Drew insisted that he would drive us to the restaurant. So, here we are in the parking lot of Marcel's. Cory and I stand behind the car while mr Drew locks it. He walks up to us and intertwines his fingers with Cory's. He smiles down at me and then starts walking towards the entrance. When we enter the host immediately seats us. Mr Drew chose a table on the upper floor, that's next to the massive glass wall so that we can see outside. The city is lit up and it looks absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow." I whisper in amazement as I stare out the window.

"Gorgeous, isn't it?" Cory says and I just nod.