Chapter Fifty-Three

Spencer's POV

It's been fucking hours and I've been pacing and pacing and I know I'm getting on the family next to us, nerves but I can't help It.

Finally, the trauma bay doors open and  a doctor walks out.

"Cory Daily?" He asks and Daniel and I rush up to him.

"I'm his brother." Daniel says quickly.

"Mr Daily's surgery went well. Luckily he had no internal bleeding. But he did break his left leg as well as fracture his left collar bone. He had two deep cuts across his back that we stitched up and it will take long to heal. But other than that he's perfectly fine. No head injury's. He's currently in intensive care. So, that he can be monitored." The doctor says and I sigh in relief but my fear doesn't ease.

"Can we see him now?" Daniel asks the doctor.

"I'm sorry, you can't see him right now. But tomorrow he will be allowed visitors. It's just he needs to rest right now and we can't let anyone one in so soon after emergency surgery." The doctor explains and Daniel nods in understanding.

"Thank you so much." I shake the doctors hand and he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Anything on Carson?" I ask him before he can walk away.

"I'm sorry I didn't treat him, but I think that he's still in surgery. His doctor will be with you once he is done." He says and walks away.

I look down at Daniel who has tears in his eyes. I smile at him as best as I can.

"He's okay." He whispers and I squeeze his shoulder

"You should get home. Jade's fast asleep. Now that we know Cory's okay you should get some rest." I say and he shakes his head.

"I have to wait and see if Carson's okay. He's my friend. I can't leave now, I wouldn't be able to rest." He says and gives me a shaky smile. I nod in understanding as he walks over to Jade as she turns over on the waiting room sofa.

Daniel and Carson have become quick friends. They got close fast and I'm glad they have each other. They both could use good friends in their lives.

An agonising 30 minutes later and the bay doors open again.

"Carson M-." We don't let the doctor finish before we all rush forward.

"I'm his sister, is okay? Please tell me he's okay!" Jesse cries and her mother hugs her close while crying herself.

The doctor gives her a sad smile and my stomach drops. He doesn't look like he's about to deliver good news.

"Carson's surgery didn't go as well as we would have liked. We managed to stop all the internal bleeding but there is still a risk that he may start bleeding again during the night. He's in ICU high care. He will be monitored throughout the night. This is the most critical time. If his bleeding does start again there's a slim chance that we will be able to stop it again." The doctor starts to explain and Jesse sobs get louder.

"In addition to the internal bleeding he as a broken rib and a fractured collar bone. As well as a concussion and he broke his right arm. But he is breathing on his own which is a good sign." He tells us and I feel like throwing up. I can't lose him when I just got him. Everything fades as I collapse into one of the chairs. He can't leave us. We need him. I love him. I can't lose him, without him even knowing I love him.

I can hear Jesse's loud sobs and her mum hugging her, crying with her. Daniel's hugging Jade tightly as tears stream down his cheeks.

My phone rings and I see Lizzy's name pop up. I shakily answer. My voice must sound distraught because she immediately asks me what's wrong.

"C-Cory an-nd Cars-son, accident!" I manage to get the words out before I start sobbing. She gasps and I continue crying.

"We'll be right there Spence. Just hang in there we're on our way. Can you tell me which hospital?" She asks and I cry the words out but she understands and says they'll be right over.

I managed to get myself under control and stop the tears. But when the hospital doors open and I see my family I break down again. My mum hugs me and I just cry harder.

"I c-can't lose them m-mum." I cry into her shoulder.

"Oh honey." She holds me tightly as my dad rubs my back.

Baby please don't leave us.