Chapter Forty- Four

Carson's POV

The next morning when we wake up, Spencer and I leave to go and get breakfast. We didn't want to wake Cory or Daniel by trying to make breakfast so, we decided getting breakfast would be easier. We took Jade with us and left a note so they would know we were gone.

Jade is a fun child. She's really smart and sweet. When we got back Cory and Daniel were still fast asleep. So, we had breakfast and then Jade and Spencer went off to watch tv while I cleaned up the kitchen.

"Who are you?" An unfamiliar voice asks and I turn around. Daniel stands there with a confused expression watching me.

"Oh uh hi, I'm Carson. I'm Cory's friend." I say sticking my hand out to him and he shakes it while giving me a small smile just as Cory comes rushing down the stairs.

"Daniel, are you okay? How are you feeling?" He asks frantically, checking his brother over.

"I'm fine." Daniel groans, batting Cory's hands away from him. Daniel still looks very pale and weak.

"Daddy!" Jade squeals as she runs into the kitchen and straight to Daniel who picks her up. He kisses her chubby pink cheeks and she giggles.

"Daddy are you felling better?" She asks, worriedly and Daniel nods.

"I'm fine honey." He tells her, kissing her head.

"Are you sure? Vikram said you were really out of it yes-." Before Cory can finish his sentence Daniel cuts him off.

"Vikram!" He shouts, panicked and Cory nods.

"Yeah, he said he was your boss." Cory says and Daniel's bites his lip.

"He's not just my boss, he's the owner of the company." Daniel sighs.

"Okay.." Cory trails off.

"Vicky was nice. He gave me apple sauce." Jade says happily.

"He seemed really nice. He also looked really worried about you." Cory explains as he leads Daniel towards one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

"He was worried?" Daniel asks confused.

"Yeah. He stayed with you till I got here. Even stayed while I checked on you." Cory explains to Daniel.

"That doesn't sound like him at all." Daniel says an he lets Jade down when she wiggles in his arms.

"What do you mean?" Cory asks as I set the kettle to boil.

"Well, I've never seen the man be nice ever. So this is strange." Daniel explains.

"Well don't stress yourself out about it. Why don't we have breakfast and we can spend the day together, if you want." Cory says and Daniel smiles and nods. I heat up breakfast for both of them and make them both a cup of coffee.

After breakfast Spencer takes the car to head home and pick up clothes for the three of us. I have clothes at his place since I stay over quite a bit.

"Can we watch a movie daddy?" Jade asks as we all walk into the lounge. Daniel nods as he sits down and lets out a heavy breath.

"Can we watch Moana?" She asks and we all agree. Just as we sit down to watch the movie, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I say, getting up and heading to the front door.  I open the door and see Vikram standing there with two brown bags.

"Oh hi." I greet slightly surprised. He nods in greeting as I move aside to let him in.

"Who is it?" Cory asks as he walks into the hallway just as I close the front door.

"Oh hi Vikram." Cory greets happily.

"Hello.  How is Daniel?" He asks as he places the brown bags down on the small table in the hallway.

"Sir?" Daniel asks shocked as he stares at Vikram.

"Hello Daniel. How are you feeling?" He asks, slightly uncomfortable.

"I-I'm okay." Daniel says as he leans against the wall.

"You don't look okay." Vikram says as he walks towards Daniels slumped form.

"I'm f-fin-." Daniel can't finish his sentence because his falling forward.

"Daniel!" Cory shouts as he rushes forward. Vikram catches Daniel and picks him up bridal style.

"I'm fine. Please put me down sir." Daniel panics as Vikram carries him to the lounge. Cory and I follow behind quietly watching them.

Vikram places Daniel down onto the sofa next to Jade who beams up at Vikram and waves at him before turning back to watching her movie.

"I brought you some stuff." Vikram says nervously as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Huh?" Daniel's left speechless as Vikram walks into the hall and picks up the brown bags he brought with him.

"I got you that chicken soup you like from Mama Lezzet's." He says as he pulls out a white container and places it on the coffee table.

"I also got you vitamin's. The pharmacist said these will help boost your immune system." Vikram hands Daniel 3 bottles of vitamins.

"I also got you some of those veggie chip things you like as wells as ice tea, the peach flavour." Vikram pulls out a six pack of ice tea and two large chips packets.

"And I got you this cow toy. The lady at the front desk said it's always good to give a person a gift when you want to apologise."  He says as he hands the stuffie to a flabbergasted Daniel.

"T-Thank you." Daniel stutters out, his face very pink.

"We should let them talk privately." I whisper to Cory who pouts but agrees.

As we head to the kitchen the front door opens and in walks Spencer. He smiles when he sees us. He is about to speak but we shush him and take him to the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Spencer whispers out as he place the bags down on the kitchen table.

"I think Daniels boss likes him." Cory squeals and jumps excitedly.

"Shoo." I say and Cory covers his mouth but still bounces. I can't help but smile at his excited self.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hi guys!

So I just wanted to put this up. I will go back to Wednesday posting from next week so do not worry.

This is just a late update since I missed this Wednesday (01/11/2023). I was writing exams and couldn't really post.