Chapter Sixty-Two

Carson POV

After we filled in my discharge forms and got my medication we headed straight home. Spencer drove us and he got the valet to get our bags up to the pent house. While he helped Cory into the elevator. I can  walk on my own, which I'm thankful for because Spencer has tried to carry Cory twice now and Cory's about ready to hit him with his crutches.

"Love, are you sure-." Spencer's starts but shuts up at Cory's glare. Cory maybe the most adorable human being I know but he can be very scary when he wants to be.

I hold Spencer's hand with my free one and smile up at him. He pulls me into his chest and lays his head on top of mine. Cory looks at me and I smile at him. I gesture for him to come closer and he hobbles closer before Spencer pulls him into our hug gently.

"I missed this." Spencer sighs as he hugs us tighter just as the elevator doors open. We all walk out and the doors close behind us. My bags are already sitting in the corridor.

"Do you want to eat something baby?" Spencer asks as Cory and I walk into the lounge.

"I'm good thanks." I say as Cory and I sit down.  Cory sits almost on top of me and I smile down at him.

"I missed you sweets." He says and I smile down at him.

"I missed you too sweetheart." I say sand he gently places his head on my shoulder.

Spencer walks back into the lounge with a plate with some cut up fruit.

"Just in case you change your mind." He places the plate down on the coffee table before he sits down next to Cory.

"Jesse and your mum will only be here at 8 so, we're free till then. What do you guys want to do?" He asks us.

"Nap."

"Sleep."

Cory and I say at the same time and Spencer chuckles.

"Alright, to bed we go." Spencer helps Cory stand before handing him his crutches.

Once we reach the stairs Cory reluctantly lets Spencer carry him upstairs. We walk into the bedroom and Spencer places Cory down on the bed gently.

"I'm going to shower and change and then I'll join you guys in bed." Spencer says before he kisses the both of us and walking into the bathroom.

Cory sits up and pulls the covers up over his legs as I carefully take off my sling. I climb into bed next to Cory and we lay down.

"I'm glad you're home." Cory yawns out as he closes his eyes.

"Me too." I whisper back.

Cory falls asleep before I do and I just lay there playing with his hair while he lets out little snores.

"Still awake?" Comes Spencer's voice as he walks out of the bathroom. I give him a sleepy smile and nod.

"Yeah. Just enjoying being back." I say as he walks into the closet. When he comes back out he's wearing long pj pants and no shirt.

"Darling it's cold, put on a shirt." I mumble as he walks towards the bed. He smiles as he rushes over to us. He climbs in behind me and gently wraps his arm around my waist.

"I have you two to keep me warm." He says as he tucks his face against the back of my neck.

"You do." I yawn out as I close my eyes.

"Sleep baby." Spencer whispers as I fall asleep.

-

When I wake up, it's late, the room is dark and the moon lights shines lightly through the curtains and Spencer's not in bed. Cory's still fast asleep next to me. I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I climb out of bed slowly, trying not to wake Cory. I slip my sling back on before I leave the room.

I hear voices coming from downstairs as I walk down the stairs. I walk towards the lounge and see Spencer, Jesse and my mother all talking.

"Hi." I greet softly as I walk into the lounge.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" My mother asks as she stands up and hugs me.

"Better. Sleeping in a comfortable does wonders." I say as I hug Jesse before sitting down next to Spencer, who wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my head.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this." Jesse says and my face heats up.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you sonny , but it's just weird seeing my boss kiss my brother." She cringes and my mother smacks her shoulder. While I blush harder, hiding my face against Spencer's chest.

"Ow, what was that for!?" Jesse hisses as she rubs her shoulder.

"Don't embarrass your brother." Mum scolds just as we hear Cory call for Spencer.

"Excuse me." Spencer says as he stands up and heads towards the stairs. Once he's out of the room, Jesse and my mother look at me.

"You're happy with them." My mother says more than asks but I still nod.

"I am. I really am." I say as I smile down at my lap.

"I'm glad sonny. You deserve to be the happiest you can possibly be." Jesse says and I smile at her.

Spencer and Cory walk in a minute later. Cory greets Jesse and my mum before he sits down next to me and Spencer takes his previous place.

"You look so much better Cory. I'm so glad you're okay." Jesse says and Cory thanks her.

We all continue to chat for about another hour before Jesse and mum leave. Spencer walks them out after we say our goodbyes.

"Daniels coming over tomorrow." Cory lets me know and I smile happily.

"That's great. I haven't got a chance to talk with him properly since the accident." I say.

"Vikram's coming as well." Spencer says as he walks in and sits down.

"Really?" I ask and he nods in answer.

"Do you think somethings going on between them?" Cory asks, hope clear in his voice.

"Maybe. But they could also just be good friends." I say, trying not to give him false hope.

"He could really use someone good in his life. After everything that's happened, he needs someone." Cory's says and I hum in agreement.

"He does but that's still a choice he has to make on his own."

"I guess." Cory sighs.