Chapter Thirty

Carson POV

I make my tea and coffee for both Cory and Spencer as well. We take our mugs with us to the lounge. We sit down on the three seater with Spencer in the middle. Cory  sits down on Spencer's lap and I smile. Spencer pulls me closer so that I'm leaning against his chest. His arm wraps around my waist and I sigh and snuggle closer.

The house is quite and peaceful. We drink our coffee and tea, just enjoying each other's presence. Cory rubs the back of his finger against my cheek gently and I close my eyes and smile.

"Aggg!" A groan disturbs us and we all look behind us. Lizzy comes stumbling out from the hall, eyes half closed and her hands rubbing her temples.

"I'm never drinking again!" She moans as she plops down on the recliner adjacent to us.

"You say that every time you're hungover." Spencer says and Lizzy scowls at him.

"I'll get you some pain meds and water." I say as I stand up and Spencer pulls me back down against him.

"She did this to herself, she can sort herself out." He says angrily and I look at him confused.

"Why are you being such an ass." Lizzy asks as she clicks her tongue in annoyance.

"I'm not. You deserve to feel like crap. How many times have I warned you not to drink yourself into a stupor! If Carson wasn't there, what would have happened to you!" Spencer shouts and Cory and I flinch.

"I would have been fine." Lizzy says, annoyed, and stands up. Spencer follows. Cory and I sit next to each other quietly just watching this all unfold.

"No you wouldn't! Do you remember what happened last time. You were so drunk you didn't realise when some spiked your drink. You could of have been raped or murdered or both!" Spencer continues to shout at her.

"Yeah well I wasn't.  I'm not Nina. I know how take care of myself!" Lizzy shouts and the colour drains from Spencer's face. Lizzy's eyes widen and she swears.

"Spence I- I'm so sorry, I was-." Spencer just shakes his head and storms off towards the elevator.

"Spencer!" Cory calls as we both rush after him.

"Where are you going?" I ask as he impatiently presses the elevator button.

"I just need to leave, okay. I'll be fine. I have my phone on me and I'll call when I'm ready." He says just as the elevator doors open. He steps in and I bite my lip nervously.

"Take a taxi, don't drive!" I shout as the doors close. Cory and I look at each other and I see the worry covering his face. I pull him into a hug and he latches on to me.

"He'll be fine. He just needs space." I try to comfort both Cory and myself.

"Do you know who's Nina?" I ask and Cory shakes his head no.

"This is the first time I'm ever hearing about her." He tells me.

"Let's ask Lizzy." I suggest and he nods. He pulls away from me but doesn't let go of my arm. As we walk into the lounge we see Lizzy sitting down with her head bowed and he hands clenched in her hair.

"Lizzy?" Cory calls and her head shoots up.

"What's going on? Who's Nina?" I ask and she sighs and rubs her cheek. She falls back into the sofa and looks at us.

"It's not my place to say. It's Spencer's story and I'm a complete bitch for bringing it up." She sighs as she tries to hold back her tears.

"Do you think he hates me?" She asks shakily and I immediately shake my head.

"He could never hate you Lizzy. You're his favourite sister." Cory says and she laughs as the tears flow down her cheeks.

"I'm his only sister." She says as she stands up.  I hug her and she squeezes me before letting go.

"I'm going to call my mum. Spence might be by her." She says and we both nod.

"I'll go make something for us to eat." I say and Cory nods.

"I need to shower. I'm still in my clothes from last night after my impromptu sleep over at my brothers." He says and I nod. I kiss his forehead and he turns a lovey shade of pink. His big brown eyes look down as he bites his bottom lip. He's so cute. I pull him into a quick hug and he squeaks at the unexpected motion.

"Sorry. You just looked so cute." I mumble, embarrassed, as I rub the back of my neck. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

"It's okay sweets." He says as he rushes out of the kitchen. I smile so big my cheeks begin to hurt.

I begin to take out stuff for breakfast and my mind wonders to Spencer. I hope he's okay. I pull my cell phone out of my pocket to check if he sent me any messages but nothing. I sigh but continue to get all the ingredients to make waffles.

I mix the batter before I take out the waffles maker and plug it in. As I wait for it to heat I start putting away all the ingredients I used.

"Hey." I look up at the sound of Lizzy's voice.

"Hey. I making waffles, that okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Sounds good." She says as she opens the medicine cupboard.

"Is he at your mum's?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"Mum said she'd call if he shows up." She explains and I nod as I begin pouring the batter into the waffle maker.

"Why did I have to bring her up." Lizzy groans before she downs two pain tablets and drinks the water she took out of the fridge.

"It was wrong of you but you said it in the heat of the moment. Spencer knows that." I say and she smirks at me slightly. I look at her confused as I remove the waffle from the maker.

"You call him Spencer now. Not Mr Drew." She says and I blush.

"Yeah, I can't keep calling him Mr Drew when we're not in the office. We're in a relationship and calling him mr Drew all the time will be weird. Though I still do slip up and call him Mr Drew when we're together." I explain and she gives me a soft smile.

"I'm glad you guys are doing well." She says and I shrug.

"It's only been a couple of days and most of them were spent doing office work. Spencer's been so busy so we haven't really done anything together, you know." I tell her and she nods.

"You guys will get there don't worry." She gives my shoulder a comforting squeeze and I smile at her.

"Thanks Lizzy."